Melvins gig posters get their own topic

Started by Idlehanz, September 11, 2007, 01:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salt

Quote from: bathroom creep on September 25, 2008, 12:55:31 PM
Quote from: glen on September 25, 2008, 11:36:35 AM
but it took me 20 minutes to figure out what band it was for.

That's pretty long considering that it's a Melvins poster thread :)

Quote from: swampviking on September 24, 2008, 06:54:52 PM

But really, great poster. I like the whole horned animal, flowers, psychedelic thing about it. Interesting type as well.

I believe that's Aleister Crowley! Wearing his Horus hat thing.

rictus

Indeed it is. It's this image, but with his hands giving the devil horns and wearing Bootsy Collins sunglasses.  8)

Eye in Triangle

Quote from: Salt on September 25, 2008, 01:26:05 PM
Quote from: bathroom creep on September 25, 2008, 12:55:31 PM
Quote from: glen on September 25, 2008, 11:36:35 AM
but it took me 20 minutes to figure out what band it was for.

That's pretty long considering that it's a Melvins poster thread :)

Quote from: swampviking on September 24, 2008, 06:54:52 PM

But really, great poster. I like the whole horned animal, flowers, psychedelic thing about it. Interesting type as well.

I believe that's Aleister Crowley! Wearing his Horus hat thing.

I love that poster, but the date reads October 5th, when the Melvins show is definitely on October 4th. Feel free to berate me if it's an old poster, but I'm pretty sure the venue, The Button Factory, hasn't been called The Button Factory for very long. Anybody know who made it so maybe an email could be fired their way before it gets printed?

Edit:

I did a little research on themelvins.net, and yeah, it would seem Melvins played New York on October 5th 2007, and the Button Factory was only renamed as the Button Factory last October, so it looks like that's definitely an error on the poster there.

Still, it's a fucking beautiful piece of work.

bathroom creep

Quote from: Eye in Triangle on September 28, 2008, 03:19:12 PM

I love that poster, but the date reads October 5th, when the Melvins show is definitely on October 4th. Feel free to berate me if it's an old poster, but I'm pretty sure the venue, The Button Factory, hasn't been called The Button Factory for very long. Anybody know who made it so maybe an email could be fired their way before it gets printed?

Try this link:   http://www.gigposters.com/forums/members/scrawled.html
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

Eye in Triangle

Quote from: bathroom creep on September 28, 2008, 05:28:40 PM
Quote from: Eye in Triangle on September 28, 2008, 03:19:12 PM

Try this link:   http://www.gigposters.com/forums/members/scrawled.html

Thanks, just messaged him. I''m thinking now it's kind of a petty thing and he might be more irritated by me telling him than appreciative. Hm.

glen

speak up.

who is responsible for sending me the 2 "jeph" posters?   you know... buzz0 rat-fink and the banana splits.

one of you fine, outstanding human beings put jeph up to it with some $ prompting. I doubt he did it of his own free will seeing as he don't know me from jehu. nor my home mailing address.   
spunkmonkey?  was that you?
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

twoducksdisco

This is the 'Shit Storm' that was concocted for the Nottingham, Recue Rooms gig.

These are available from me for

spunkmonkey

Quote from: glen on October 06, 2008, 11:55:56 AM
speak up.

who is responsible for sending me the 2 "jeph" posters?   you know... buzz0 rat-fink and the banana splits.

one of you fine, outstanding human beings put jeph up to it with some $ prompting. I doubt he did it of his own free will seeing as he don't know me from jehu. nor my home mailing address.   

guilty as charged.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: spunkmonkey on October 06, 2008, 01:21:41 PM
Quote from: glen on October 06, 2008, 11:55:56 AM
speak up.

guilty as charged.
Jeph is the only artist know to accept payments in twinkies.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

glen

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

swampviking

(the) Razor

Quote from: twoducksdisco on October 06, 2008, 12:40:22 PM
This is the 'Shit Storm' that was concocted for the Nottingham, Recue Rooms gig.

These are available from me for
Don't click this

armyofcats

Here be the silkscreen poster I maded for the Cardiff gig:

You can see some process pics of this being printed here: http://grahampilling.blogspot.com/

3 colours on heavyweight 300 gsm snowden card / edition of 70, signed & numbered / approx. 17" square

Buick GN

swampviking

Mackie Osborne posters available now individually or as sets with handbills.

Secret Serpents