Melvins gig posters get their own topic

Started by Idlehanz, September 11, 2007, 01:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian

Quote from: jzacs71 on December 21, 2008, 07:23:12 PM
I guess, it's 15 years old,which is about $3.33 per year.....maybe they have layaway. :D

true, i'm mulling it over...

bUTTHOLEmAN

It occasionally appears on ebay;  if you're not in a rush that might be your best bet. 
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

cara

I have a question for everyone that collects these posters - where do you keep them all? Do you have a special room dedicated to Melvins posters, or do they sit in a closet somewhere?

Idlehanz

Quote from: cara on December 22, 2008, 11:47:22 AM
I have a question for everyone that collects these posters - where do you keep them all? Do you have a special room dedicated to Melvins posters, or do they sit in a closet somewhere?
I have about 15 or so framed and hanging.  The rest are still in tubes, waiting until I own a mansion to hang them in.

spunkmonkey

I have about 15 or so framed as well.  The rest are stacked on a coffee table in mylar bags.

Idle, if you have somewhere you can store them flat, you should untube them.  The longer they're rolled up, the bigger bitch they are to flatten.

My newest gem...

brian

I've just got a few from memorable shows I've been to. I just tape them up with packing tape, I've never really been one for frames.  I have interest in that Stalin one because I've been studying soviet history over the past 5 years or so.

Idlehanz

Quote from: spunkmonkey on December 22, 2008, 12:47:42 PM
I have about 15 or so framed as well.  The rest are stacked on a coffee table in mylar bags.

Idle, if you have somewhere you can store them flat, you should untube them.  The longer they're rolled up, the bigger bitch they are to flatten.

My newest gem...

That Mcpherson is schweet.  I love all her stuff.

When I move in a few months, I'm going to get a table just to lay them flat.  I just don't have the room right now....

bUTTHOLEmAN

I put about 50 in a huge frame to keep them flat; the rest are just in tubes.  A few are framed.

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

spunkmonkey

Another good way to store them is go to an electronics store and ask for a large flat screen tv box.  Place posters in box and slide under your bed.

norecess

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on December 22, 2008, 02:27:03 PM
I put about 50 in the window to keep them pretty; the rest are just on shelves.  A few are read.

#-o

>>>JZS<<<

I have a lot shrink wrapped on card board, two framed & the rest in flat files.

Only two framed because I don't want to scare my fiancee away. :D

Actually, she is very supportive of my Melvins addiction/collection/obsession.

nothintothenotice

every wall in my house is plastered with them...my little baby loves to look at them, about 25 or so

glen

Quote from: nothintothenotice on December 22, 2008, 04:46:47 PM
every wall in my house is plastered with them...my little baby loves to look at them, about 25 or so

I call bullcrap. unless you can silence me with an image.   I believe you do own that many but I do not believe they line your house.  remember nothin... I am a professional husband. I know the ropes.   

I have 5 or 6 in frames.  I have about 30 either in tubes or stacked flat in one frame.  what am I ever going to do with them? probably nothing.    at least until I create my own "man's room" in say...  2024.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

nothintothenotice

Quote from: glen on December 23, 2008, 11:32:10 AM
Quote from: nothintothenotice on December 22, 2008, 04:46:47 PM

I call bullcrap. unless you can silence me with an image.   I believe you do own that many but I do not believe they line your house.  remember nothin... I am a professional husband. I know the ropes.   

I have 5 or 6 in frames.  I have about 30 either in tubes or stacked flat in one frame.  what am I ever going to do with them? probably nothing.    at least until I create my own "man's room" in say...  2024.
OK GLEN, i will get you pictures....my wife buys me these damn things. call me a liar...shit

bUTTHOLEmAN

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes