Melvins gig posters get their own topic

Started by Idlehanz, September 11, 2007, 01:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mount Ambulance

LOL ... that is one weird ass line up right there.
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

vince furnier

that must have been that 1 week window where the Melvins were touring outside of Washington, yet GnR hadn't blown up enough for LA Guns to jump on their coattails yet.  :-k
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

johnnyg

Quote from: GrimReaper on February 02, 2020, 03:27:51 AM

Is it possible that this is phony? Would LA guns play a house show? Is there a date mentioned on the flyer? I don't see it.

jules

Quote from: johnnyg on February 04, 2020, 09:31:24 AM
Is it possible that this is phony? Would LA guns play a house show? Is there a date mentioned on the flyer? I don't see it.
Yeah, I thought this might be doubtful. Mike Ziegler has uploaded this to the Wiki under the date "August 00, 1986" - maybe he can confirm the authenticity of it.

Mount Ambulance

Weird ass as it may seem I have faith that it is genuine.
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

jules

jules

GrimReaper

I got it off the Nick Blinko Patron Saint of the Bizzare Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6417967223/

Then I checked themelvins.net wiki.

My question is why would RKL not be on the bill at this show? Look at the other dates during this period. So I'm not 100% sure, but why would anyone want to fake this?

GrimReaper

Happy Valentine's Day! Get your loved one a poster!!

johnnyg

Quote from: GrimReaper on February 14, 2020, 04:31:52 AM

My question is why would RKL not be on the bill at this show? Look at the other dates during this period. So I'm not 100% sure, but why would anyone want to fake this?

I am thinking this is phony. I just learned that RP never played USA. some USA shows were scheduled during the 90s reunion, but those shows were canceled. The flyer itself may be "real," but I even doubt that. There's no date listed on the flyer and I doubt LA guns would be playing a house show at this point in their career. "Why" would someone do this? to create a gag and get people talking about it, like we are right now, is my guess.

jules

jules

Quote from: johnnyg on February 14, 2020, 09:34:25 AM
Quote from: GrimReaper on February 14, 2020, 04:31:52 AM

I am thinking this is phony. I just learned that RP never played USA. some USA shows were scheduled during the 90s reunion, but those shows were canceled. The flyer itself may be "real," but I even doubt that. There's no date listed on the flyer and I doubt LA guns would be playing a house show at this point in their career. "Why" would someone do this? to create a gag and get people talking about it, like we are right now, is my guess.

In The Day the Country Died, Grant Matthews (I think) says that RP never did a 'tour' as such, because they hated playing live. They were sick of getting spat at and having things thrown at them. Which is why they very rarely did gigs. It's stated that the furthest afield (from their home in Watford) they played was Leeds (north) and Brighton (south). If they ever played outside the UK, it would have been mentioned there.

GrimReaper

Wiki needs fixed.

Good job Jules! That's the proof I needed.

Fake, but a great topic of discussion as Johnnyg implies.

jules

All Redd Kross posters 20% off until Sunday over at Secret Serpents using discount code REDDKROSS at checkout.