Making Love Demos

Started by Andy Wood, October 05, 2007, 12:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Wood

WOW!  :D

definitely their rawest and heaviest work to date IMO

Vile Vermillion Vacancy will be kicking my ass for weeks!
experimental industrial ambient nothings. give constructive/destructive criticism.

http://www.myspace.com/sewerbaby

the bloat

Been listening to it the last couple days. It really is worth checking it out. Personally, it really makes me wonder how massive Gluey and Ozma would have sounded had they been recorded properly.

norecess

Quote from: the bloat on October 29, 2007, 04:47:13 PM
Personally, it really makes me wonder how massive Gluey and Ozma would have sounded had they been recorded properly.

Add Bullhead to the list! :P

Haha, here we go again!

norecess

Quote from: Dudbean on October 29, 2007, 06:39:38 PM
Quote from: the bloat on October 29, 2007, 04:47:13 PM
Been listening to it the last couple days. It really is worth checking it out. Personally, it really makes me wonder how massive Gluey and Ozma would have sounded had they been recorded properly.

?!?!?!?

I feel stupid for not having noticed that when I replied. Of course I know the stories of the weird Ozma production and how Bullhead could have sounded thicker, but I have never, ever, had problems with Gluey's production.

About Gluey, somehow I prefer to listen this album over headphones and crank it out loud, over through speakers.

Anyway, yes, Making Love demos fucking kick ass. I love Buzz's vocals. Great release.

(the) Razor

Thinking of buying this. Is the quality better than 26 Songs (the better sounding ones off that album)?
Don't click this

norecess

Quote from: SpaceFarm on October 30, 2007, 06:32:07 AM
Thinking of buying this. Is the quality better than 26 Songs (the better sounding ones off that album)?

It was recorded in Dale's bedroom but the quality is definitely not lacking in my opinion.

Check out http://myspace.com/bifocalmedia to hear Dime Lined Divide.

(the) Razor

Thanks for the link, it sounds great.
Don't click this

Pringles

Creepy Smell on Making love is even better than on Ozma, if it was not for the shitty quality. Damn the Melvins for not releasing a new version of Ozma.
Luck is a residue of design

the bloat

I think this is my favorite CD right now. I have been listening to it non-stop. This might crack my 10 ten overall Melvins releases. I think the sound quality is the most endearing factor and it proves to be yet another unique release in the Melvins dense catalog. It's garage rock on steroids.

martyr

bathroom creep

Quote from: martyr on November 20, 2007, 06:27:17 AM
whats the book like?
I think it's awesome.  The Melvins tour diary is great.  There are some really funny comics in the book for example about Black Flag, Grunge and 80s hardcore mascots (damn funny). If you haven't checked it out yet you should definitely do it. It's worth every dollar.
I also really like the cd. Goood stuff.
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

glen

just when you thought you could solidly say you heard every song ever was written and recorded by MELVINS.

this thing is GRITTY.  takes me back to the days of yore.

go buy it.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Andy Wood

I now think there was a fuckup in the production of the whole thing. The pitch of every song seems to have been increased by a semitone.
Compare these recordings to the ones that ended up on Ozma. Every single song up by a semitone.
experimental industrial ambient nothings. give constructive/destructive criticism.

http://www.myspace.com/sewerbaby

anaconda

maybe they did it to mask the hiss and pops from the original 20+ yr old source cassette?
also, sometimes old cassettes have that slightly sped-up thing going on.

brian

Does anyone have a copy of the 'making love' kiss cover that was done during this session that doesn't appear on the cd?