theMelvins.net Tribute Album

Started by Andy Wood, January 18, 2008, 08:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Wood

It's been years coming people, it's time we cut the shit and put this tribute together, whether we can find a label or not.
The way I see it, it should be completed by the end of the year, provided that someone here is able to compile everything.
Each snivleM song should only be covered once, and one song per artist (to avoid a million song tracklist, yes I know it's tempting)
EDIT: After some consideration, Love Canal may be better off for a Flipper tribute. I'll stick with Heater Moves And Eyes.

A History Of Bad Men > seas of luck > RECIEVED

Eye Flys > ZOMBIE-BUDDHA92
Heater Moves And Eyes > Andy Wood
If I Had An Exorcism > jakepositive
It's Shoved > FART LIPS
Let It All Be > lamestain, Dead Cowboy > RECIEVED (awaiting DC's vox)
Lone Rose Holding Now > Rusty Shackleford > RECIEVED
Lovely Butterfly > NickP
Night Goat > armofinfant's friend
Oven > Eponymous > RECIEVED
Over From Under The Excement > norecess
Queen > GrimReaper's son
Real Fucking Nasty > Clint Flick
Scared > Idlehanz (pending final decision)
Set Me Straight or The Talking Horse or Honey Bucket or Matt-Alec > w a s s a k a (pending final decision)
Skinhorse > mopafeena (pending final decision)
Sweet Willy Rollbar > armofinfant
The Bloat/The Bit medley > anaconda
Toy > jgarver
Vile > bulva
Wispy > MAR
experimental industrial ambient nothings. give constructive/destructive criticism.

http://www.myspace.com/sewerbaby

the bloat

QuoteDIBS ON LOVE CANAL!!

You might have to pick a Melvins original if you were doing a tribute album. Love Canal is a Flipper song...sorry if you already knew that. I don't mean be to one of THOSE guys.  :lol:

the bloat

As far as compilations go 'We Reach' wasn't THAT bad. I've heard worse. But yeah, not that good either. I think I've listened to it like, once or twice. It gathers dust on a shelf....

Andy Wood

Quote from: the bloat on January 18, 2008, 10:58:48 PM
QuoteDIBS ON LOVE CANAL!!

You might have to pick a Melvins original if you were doing a tribute album. Love Canal is a Flipper song...sorry if you already knew that. I don't mean to one of THOSE guys.  :lol:

Yeah I know, but Love Canal has grown to become one of my favourite Melvins songs, and I am sure many of you can relate (eg. YOA, Sacrifice, The Green Manalishi, Ballad of Dwight Fry - may be covers but can still be viewed upon as legendary Melvins tunes.)

Oh, and I also found We Reach to be a bit of a disappointment (I cried when Pincer 2 destroyed Don't Piece Me), so I figured that we should attempt to succeed where they fucked up. Just my two cents.
experimental industrial ambient nothings. give constructive/destructive criticism.

http://www.myspace.com/sewerbaby

norecess

Contributing Over From Under the Excrement somehow would be sweet.

seas of luck

I have a live live version of A History of Bad Men I'll submit.

mopafeena

Now that i've got all my recording stuff up and running again i'll try to contribute something. I recorded a version of Black Bock awhile ago but it sucked bad. I'll think of a song to do and post here.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

Eponymous

Are we really trying this again?

I've still got my version of "Oven" floating around somewhere. Who wants it?

mopafeena

Quote from: Eponymous on January 20, 2008, 02:42:05 AM
Are we really trying this again?

I've still got my version of "Oven" floating around somewhere. Who wants it?
Ah i remember that. That's gotta be on there for sure.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

samo

I'd love to hear your version eponymous!

Idlehanz

I may, MAY be able to get some friends together to do Scared.

jakepositive

if this is serious, i would definatly cover "If I Had An Exorcism" with my band. or something else off bullhead.
www.myspace.com/ashtraydirtnj
dont mind if i doom

I am the Sun

I call Anti-Vermin Seed or Lovely Butterfly!

If we could find a label to release it through and set up an e-mail address to accept mp3s that'd be pretty dope.

Komar

great idea !
is this like the 3rd attempt or so ?  :D hmmm, i`m thinking of "hog leg" or "wispy"

we did record oven/anaconda and ligature/ the hawk once which i think i posted here but never really finished them...

Clint Flick

I'll give "Real Fucking Nasty" a try.