The Melvins Classifieds: SALES, AUCTIONS, and TRADES.

Started by Idlehanz, February 21, 2008, 07:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idlehanz

Yea, that sounds familiar.  No wonder I can't find the black anywhere.  I think someone on here got picked for the black if I remember right.  Or was that another rarity?

PrickHonky

Quote from: Idlehanz on November 11, 2009, 09:13:58 PM
Yea, that sounds familiar.  No wonder I can't find the black anywhere.  I think someone on here got picked for the black if I remember right.  Or was that another rarity?

I guess I also didn't realize they weren't all boxsets, I assumed they were.
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Turn around mister, and never trust a girl giving her donuts away for free.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Someone on ebby had the black up for around $200; I'm not sure if it's sold cheaper than that.
I'm pretty sure someone from the board posted they got one of the black versions.

The box set came in a box (heh).. with a comic and a belt buckle.   The comic you should be able to pick up for a low low one or two dollar(..maybe five or six?) price.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

PrickHonky

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on November 11, 2009, 09:19:11 PM
Someone on ebby had the black up for around $200; I'm not sure if it's sold cheaper than that.
I'm pretty sure someone from the board posted they got one of the black versions.

The box set came in a box (heh).. with a comic and a belt buckle.   The comic you should be able to pick up for a low low one or two dollar(..maybe five or six?) price.

I have seen the black one you are talking about on there also, but I don't think it sold since it didn't have any bids...ever
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Buick GN

*wondering what bUTT's vinyl collection looks like*

Didn't you say that you'd post photos of it at one time, or am I thinking about another creepy poster?

Buick GN

Chel had a couple of black sets (no box) about two weeks ago.

Drop an email and ask if they're still available.

YEP..I'm Lying.   :twisted:

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Buick on November 11, 2009, 09:55:03 PM

Didn't you say that you'd post photos of it at one time, or am I thinking about another creepy poster?
:lol:  Probably some other creep. 
Melvins collections are strange; you buy swag because it reminds you of how great the band is, esp. the live shows..then your pile of crap starts to grow and take on a life of it's own.  I like the shirts and posters + the weirdo things they sell, I have a decent vinyl collection, although I don't really go nuts with the variants.

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

bUTTHOLEmAN

:lol: :lol: :P

Quote from: Buick on November 11, 2009, 10:02:24 PM
Chel had a couple of black sets (no box) about two weeks ago.

Drop an email and ask if they're still available.

YEP..I'm Lying.   :twisted:

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes

PrickHonky

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on November 11, 2009, 10:11:54 PM

Melvins collections are strange; you buy swag because it reminds you of how great the band is, esp. the live shows..then your pile of crap starts to grow and take on a life of it's own.  I like the shirts and posters + the weirdo things they sell, I have a decent vinyl collection, although I don't really go nuts with the variants.

I too prefer the shirts and the weirdo things they sell. My vinyl collection just started but I don't know if I will ever own all of them or not(especially some of the variants of the same release); and seeing as I don't have a turntable anyway it almost seems stupid. but I like the fact that the artwork is on a much larger format than it is with a cd booklet

Buick GN

Quote from: PrickHonky on November 11, 2009, 10:20:05 PM

I too prefer the shirts and the weirdo things they sell. My vinyl collection just started but I don't know if I will ever own all of them or not(especially some of the variants of the same release); and seeing as I don't have a turntable anyway it almost seems stupid. but I like the fact that the artwork is on a much larger format than it is with a cd booklet
You should look into purchasing a turntable, playing them is half the fun.

PrickHonky

Quote from: Buick on November 15, 2009, 01:16:39 AM
Quote from: PrickHonky on November 11, 2009, 10:20:05 PM

You should look into purchasing a turntable, playing them is half the fun.

I have thought about buying one, but a friend of mine told me they are not worth all the trouble you have to go through to keep them clean. But he also doesn't understand why bands still put out vinyl when cd's sound so much better.

Idlehanz

Quote from: PrickHonky on November 15, 2009, 07:33:28 AM

But he also doesn't understand why bands still put out vinyl when cd's sound so much better.

Because not everyone agrees with that statement.  Some think vinyl sounds better.