The Melvins Classifieds: SALES, AUCTIONS, and TRADES.

Started by Idlehanz, February 21, 2008, 07:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nothintothenotice

Quote from: Idlehanz on November 15, 2009, 08:39:19 AM
Quote from: PrickHonky on November 15, 2009, 07:33:28 AM

But he also doesn't understand why bands still put out vinyl when cd's sound so much better.

Because not everyone agrees with that statement.  Some think vinyl sounds better.
Yeah. I'm one of those. If I purchase any music, it's on vinyl. Slot of them come with the mp3 download too. So it's a win win. Get a nice turntable ph you'll love it

PrickHonky

But he also doesn't understand why bands still put out vinyl when cd's sound so much better.

Because not everyone agrees with that statement.  Some think vinyl sounds better.

he told me he doesn't see the point in bands transferring a digital recording to vinyl. said it would be different if these bands recorded in analog. keep in mind this is him and not me talking, I don't know anything about that shit.
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Turn around mister, and never trust a girl giving her donuts away for free.

jules

Quote from: nothintothenotice on November 15, 2009, 11:50:25 AM

Yeah. I'm one of those. If I purchase any music, it's on vinyl. Slot of them come with the mp3 download too. So it's a win win. Get a nice turntable ph you'll love it
I agree. I bought my latest turntable (a Sansui SR222 Mk.IV) in 1989 and it still kicks ass. There's only a motor and a bearing that can go wrong. And they haven't. I spend a fiver every 5 years on a new belt and if you know how to keep your needle clean (f'narr f'narr) they can last for years, too. Vinyl every time for me unless its unavoidable.

Buick GN

I'm fairly certain there are several of us here that look for vinyl first when making a purchase.

Yep, it's a grueling task keeping vinyl clean ..if you're under the age of 4.5 or suffer from downs.

:-s

grays harbor mafia

Vinyl is by far superrior!! why buy cd's when u can download music?
"the ass is last"      oldfartlips
"im just here for the sex" DC

FartLips

Quote from: grays harbor mafia on November 15, 2009, 08:44:51 PM

Vinyl is by far superrior!! why buy cd's when u can download music?
ding! we have a winner!
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

PrickHonky

anybody know what a fair price for the Senile Animal 4XLP set in black would be? or for all the sets for that matter. someone has the actual box set with clear vinyl for $175 but that seems high to me
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: PrickHonky on November 17, 2009, 04:34:14 PM
anybody know what a fair price for the Senile Animal 4XLP set in black would be? or for all the sets for that matter. someone has the actual box set with clear vinyl for $175 but that seems high to me
That seems high to me too..I'd say around $100 would be fair.  Of course, they originally sold for $90...with $15 or so on top of that for shipping.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

grays harbor mafia

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on November 17, 2009, 04:58:30 PM
That seems high to me too..I'd say around $100 would be fair.  Of course, they originally sold for $90...with $15 or so on top of that for shipping.
how much did the Limited edition go for originally, i cant remember..

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: grays harbor mafia on November 17, 2009, 05:47:56 PM
That seems high to me too..I'd say around $100 would be fair.  Of course, they originally sold for $90...with $15 or so on top of that for shipping.
The black version?45, maybe 50.

Quote from: Buick on November 15, 2009, 04:17:16 PM

Yep, it's a grueling task keeping vinyl clean ..

:lol:
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

PrickHonky

just won copy of Senile Animal vinyl with the multi-colored vinyls for $100 on ebay. Sending out payment tomorrow so hopefully will have it soon.

>>>JZS<<<

Nooo!, Stop payment. You can still get (A)SA on vinyl for $49 +shipping from... 

http://chelvanin.com/   

....direct from the Hydrahead offices. 

Just send an email with what you want (from the list provided) and your zip code and 'Chel' will send you a invoice.

grays harbor mafia

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on November 17, 2009, 07:06:50 PM
Quote from: grays harbor mafia on November 17, 2009, 05:47:56 PM
The black version?45, maybe 50.

Quote from: Buick on November 15, 2009, 04:17:16 PM

Yep, it's a grueling task keeping vinyl clean ..

:lol:
im talkijn about the pizza box one   :)

grays harbor mafia

the one that comes in the cardboard box with the comic and belt buckle

Rev. Mike

Quote from: PrickHonky on November 17, 2009, 07:39:49 PM
just won copy of Senile Animal vinyl with the multi-colored vinyls for $100 on ebay. Sending out payment tomorrow so hopefully will have it soon.

Didn't  I show you where to buy that for $50 a month ago?