The Melvins Classifieds: SALES, AUCTIONS, and TRADES.

Started by Idlehanz, February 21, 2008, 07:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeepCreatures

actually i have found Christ relevant to my life in a very real way, after which i remained with my musical interest for a number of years.  however, the further i pursued Him, the more I saw my love of collecting and listening to music as another god in my life.  it started to create quite the turmoil that i battled for a couple of months.  once i resigned myself to ridding my life of this other god my turmoil was ended and i have been quite at peace with things (which even to myself seems rather odd when i think on it).

while i understand this may come as a..."surprise" to a few on this board, there are a handful who sort-of knew me that probably will not be too taken aback.  for the record, i didn't move away from collecting/listening for any reasons of dogma or anything of the sort.  it was actually quite the battle for me to release something that i had held so dear for over 20-years...with The Melvins being a late introduction into my collecting arena.

i will have at least one more post of the two remaining [A] Senile Animal record sets and a couple of 12-inches.

best wishes to you all and have a Merry Christmas!
ts

jules

I don't see how listening to music can be likened to a false god. Churches have organs, after all.

GrimReaper

Some guy gave me Black Sabbath "Live at Last" after a bad acid trip.

jules

Quote from: GrimReaper on December 17, 2010, 10:20:38 AM

Even Jethro Tull are to blame for this evil:

http://www.av1611.org/rockblas.html

rictus

Quote from: jules on December 17, 2010, 10:42:50 AM
Quote from: GrimReaper on December 17, 2010, 10:20:38 AM

Even Jethro Tull are to blame for this evil:

http://www.av1611.org/rockblas.html

And Jimmy Buffet? I hope they have cheeseburgers in HELL.

jules

DeepCreatures

Quote from: jules on December 17, 2010, 09:26:37 AM
I don't see how listening to music can be likened to a false god. Churches have organs, after all.

for some it is not an issue, but to the extent i was into things it had become one.  my issue was much more the collecting side of things, especially live recordings.

jules

Quote from: DeepCreatures on December 18, 2010, 07:24:48 AM
Quote from: jules on December 17, 2010, 09:26:37 AM

for some it is not an issue, but to the extent i was into things it had become one.  my issue was much more the collecting side of things, especially live recordings.
Perhaps it had become more of an addiction than a hobby? I guess there's a point at which collecting things could interfere negatively with the more 'important' aspects of someone's life; if someone's personality can be considered 'addictive' it's going to be more difficult for them to prioritise. This is a fascinating subject. I hope you're able to sort things out without one issue becoming another.

jules

perzo)))

Again,a gorgeous tragedy approaches,in the wake of those thought contained.But sonic reverberations shake the very marrow of the fragile chamber of mans lifeforce,and again the minions quiver in fear,as daylight fails to come,and Melvins walk the battlefield,bored and hungry...

itspeanut

Hey Everyone, I was told by Jules that this would be a great place to sell some of my Melvins collectibles that were given to me by Kevin Rutmanis...I've been meaning to post for awhile but keep getting sidetracked:) So I have 2 Melvins zippos, mint condition. Exactly the same. Never used, never opened with safety sticker still in place. There were only 50 made. I also have a Melvins pin that is made of a clear domed plastic that has a screw and two candy corns "trapped" inside with a Melvins background.  The pin is missing the pin back, but it looks to have been just glued on anyway, so it should be no problem to pick one up at the craftstore. I also have an item that is not a Melvins item, but a collectible Qee doll that was signed by the artist to Kevin "Fuck Kevin". The zippos & pin are $150 each and the Qee doll is $100. I dont know how many photos I'll be able to post in one shot, so it may take multiple? Anyway, Jules has purchased both a zippo and a pin from me and Im sure can vouch that they are legit!  More photos & info if your interested..Ask me any questions....Florence

[attachment deleted by admin]

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

itspeanut

I was told only 50 were made and the only info I've ever found online said the same. If you are right, then I suppose 200 still makes them pretty rare. Thanks for the input:)