Nude With Boots

Started by Jaron, March 27, 2008, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Quote from: Sweet Intuition on April 10, 2008, 12:46:08 AM
Jaron,

I am pleased that you changed your sig to a smaller pic.  I don't quite understand your new selection, and preferred the other one.  Honestly though,  I'd just prefer it in a small size.  No harm, no foul though.  Stay mellow, man. 

S.I.

LOL!

.....Well now you tell me XD. I have no idea how to find the old one. And I don't know how to size up the photos. I'm computer illiterate. Sort of.

I am the Sun

Quote from: anaconda on April 10, 2008, 12:32:23 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm sure that's not it but I'm willing to lay money it won't be a picture of a naked person with boots on, too predictable. That'd be like using a picture of a dog in a nursing home for (A) Senile Animal or using a picture of a gluey porch treatment. I'm just going to guess it'll be a grocery clerk standing on an umbrella and stop thinking about what it'll look like

Idlehanz

I'd go for the vintage pewter.

FartLips

Quote from: Sweet Intuition on April 10, 2008, 12:18:39 AM
Thank god I just got a raise!!!!
i did too, and not the money kind!
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Jaron

Quote from: NickP on April 10, 2008, 12:50:49 AM

I'm sure that's not it but I'm willing to lay money it won't be a picture of a naked person with boots on, too predictable. That'd be like using a picture of a dog in a nursing home for (A) Senile Animal or using a picture of a gluey porch treatment. I'm just going to guess it'll be a grocery clerk standing on an umbrella and stop thinking about what it'll look like

Let's anal-lize this. Anaconda. Where'd you find that?

I am the Sun

Well, you can use that raise to get money, if you catch my drift. :wink:

Jaron

Quote from: Idlehanz on April 10, 2008, 12:16:46 AM
. A lot of touring
2. The vinyl releases of (A) Senile Animal, which will be in a super deluxe quadruple gate fold sleeve with four etched, one-sided 12 inch records
3. Two more 12 inchers with double surprises
4. A secret 7 inch (so secret that not even the band is aware of it)
5. More fun with Haze XXL
6. A split 7 inch with Rancid Vat
7. The Fantomas Melvins Big Band DVD
8. A huge limited edition Ipecac box set of everything the Melvins have done with the label as well as stuff you haven't heard at all
**Plus other stuff we forgot all about or don't know about or something

I predict that this is the year that they make more money than ever.

A quad vinyl. 
Two more vinyl's.
a 7'
A dvd
A box set
a secret 7 "
more Haze XXL/Melvins

Said it once, I'll say it again.

Start saving now.

Way ahead of you. I'm starting a job that pays $11.20 an hour. 40hrs. a week. WORD.

Idlehanz

Quote from: Jaron on April 10, 2008, 12:39:16 AM

HAHAHAHA! Wow. That's.....I like it but, I don't like it. That's the Melvins.
that's not it!  There's no UPC on it!

Cover art on the back, and back art on the front! 

Haven't you all learned that yet?

( I was fooled too)

anaconda

FartLips

i wasn't when i saw the spine.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Jaron

Noooooo one makes a ffoooool outve meeeee! - Mr. Oogie Boogie.

:( Really I'm all crying now.

Idlehanz

Quote from: FART LIPS on April 10, 2008, 01:01:17 AM
i wasn't when i saw the spine.
Well, your more neato than me :)

But I like what ya did Conda.

anaconda

cheers! i bet it will have flowers though.

benton netty

i've heard it.

i'd say it's pretty 70's rock. not very sludgy...more alice cooper-y. pretty midtempo, overall. buzz is using some different guitar tones. dale sings lead at one point. really good melodic basslines and harmonies from jared. the double-drums are used more creatively than last time around. it's more experimental, but in the HAT sort of way, not the honky sort of way.

negatives: the last two tracks, one of which is a recycled amrep single, i don't recall which. a recent one. "flush" is also just a short space-noise track.

i'd say it's 3/4 awesome. a totally worthy melvins album. i'll be buying it.

black stallion

Quote from: Kunda on April 09, 2008, 05:20:48 PM
my friend sent me des ireae.... and HOLY FUCK does it rule! raelly didnt expect something like that.... seems like TTHE MELVINS ARE BACK AGAIN!!!!
didnt feel so excited about a melvins tune since HAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cant wait to hear the rest of the shiznit

are you joking or have you really listened to it?think in this moment it's very hard to find leaks around
Charmicarmicat:Bastards