Mackie Osborne Interview

Started by ElGrampo, April 01, 2008, 11:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElGrampo

it's just a few days old, I did it for the magazine ROKKO'S ADVENTURES myspace.com/rokkosadventures
I'll make a story out of it for the next issue, but here is the uncut version.
rokko for me, mackie for mackie-o:

Rokko: When did you start making art? And what were the results?
Mackie Osborne: I started drawing animals as a kid, I ended up with a career in advertising and design.

Rokko: Did you go to an art school or are you an autodidact?
Mackie: I went to school. Although I have to say I've learned more from working that I ever learned in school. School can be good for learning social skills, they're important. Also learning to listen to input and take criticism gracefully is a very important skill set in this field, probably one of the most important skills you can learn.

Rokko: Who are artists [music, film, painting, writing, performance,... ] you admire and that have inspired you or still do?
Mackie: Those are some long lists... I like a lot of different stuff.
Musically: David Bowie, the Melvins, of course, Patti Smith, Neil Young, Pink Floyd, Zeplin, Big Black, Sex Pistols, Johnny Cash, Throbbing Gristle, Tool
Artistically: Edward Gorey, Diane Arbus, Chas. Addams, Alex Steinweiss, Chip Kid, Vaugn Oliver...
Writing: J.D. Salinger, C.S. Lewis, Tolkien, Hafiz,
Film: Blade Runner, Princess Bride, Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Edward Scissorhands, Dune, Fire Walk With Me, Wild at Heart, Blue Velvet, My Neighbor Totoro, Snow White,

Rokko: How was your career as graphic artist? Since when can you live on making art?
Mackie: I've made a living doing art since the 80's. After school I worked in advertising for six years. Since then I've worked freelance, doing music packaging, some book design, art direction on a couple magazines, some entertainment stuff and whatever else came along.

Rokko: You also did work as art director for Eptiapth Records, didn
www.myspace.com/rokkosadventures
www.rokkosadventures.at

bUTTHOLEmAN

Excellent! I love this magazine.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

black stallion

great interview..thanks ElGrampo!

a limited edition melvins  box set?!?! :shock:

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

steve

Quote from: ElGrampo on April 01, 2008, 11:20:45 AM
Mackie: I'm working on a limited edition box set for the Melvins that will be printed by DeeOhGee Press. I'm also designing a book for Chet Zar and working on a line of merchandise, among other things.
:o
...Steve

bathroom creep

I think that's the first Mackie interview I've ever read. Very cool ElGrampo, thank you.

And a limited edition box set? Sounds sweet.
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

ManWithNoName

stonerwitch

Quote from: black stallion on April 01, 2008, 11:34:55 AM
great interview..thanks ElGrampo!

a limited edition melvins  box set?!?! :shock:

WANT!  =P~
You sink a my swan

GrimReaper

You totally pulled that interview off Grampy.

Interesting questions and you oviously did your homework on Mackie and she responded.

(PAUL)

Yes, that was a very good interview. WANT. BOX. SET.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

mckickflip

great interview, really enjoyed it. i'm also excited for this box set :D

Buick GN

Nice.

Thanks for sharing, ElGrampo.

:)

mopafeena

Thanks a lot for sharing that. Great interview.
www.myspace.com/mopafeena
www.myspace.com/afeenaband

FartLips

that was a VERY impressive interview.  great questions. and great answers too. karma for life!
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

(the) Razor

I think I read Dale talking about "great plans for the future"...he must've meant that Box Set!

Thanks for the interview.
Don't click this

norecess