Author Topic: MELVINS concert at Donaufestival Krems/ Austria, 30st of April  (Read 7246 times)

Offline ElGrampo

• gardening gloves
    • View Profile
    • Rokko's Adventures
oh yes shit! how cool is that?!?!
Cat Power cancelled, now the MELVINS come
Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaa

http://www.donaufestival.at/festival/programm/08/melvins

norecess

Re: MELVINS concert at Donaufestival Krems/ Austria, 30st of April
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 05:02:04 AM »
That's what I call lucky. Austria is a bit too far for me. Besides, I really can't spend the majority of my time traveling and seeing bands.

That's the second time in a short period a European festival chooses the Melvins as the replacement act for a canceled act. Last summer it was in Norway, now Austria. I can only guess what an act like Cat Powers might get for an appearance, so I think it's a good decision made by the Melvins. I don't expect any other European shows, although it would be nice.

You also have a sweet scoop, my friend, expecting they will try out some new material for the first time live. Do you think there will be recordings made by national tv or anything?

Offline ElGrampo

• gardening gloves
    • View Profile
    • Rokko's Adventures
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 05:06:05 AM »
i think there will be recordings, i don't know if i will get them.

just trying to get an interview... would be the 3rd time hehe

Offline bathroom creep

• H.F.S.P.R.!!
  • Yippee. You Can't See Me, But I Can You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 07:49:53 AM »
Thanks for the news ElGrampo.  Good to know they're in Europe again.  The problem is that it's a bit too far for me as well. 
And it's not that easy to travel through the whole country whenever there's a festival somewhere... plus it costs money...

Much as I would like to see them now, I don't think it will happen.... at least not at this festival.  Hopefully later in fall.   (!!!)

By the way, an interview would be cool!  If you do it, make sure to think of some good questions.
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

rictus

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 08:44:00 AM »
By the way, an interview would be cool!  If you do it, make sure to think of some good questions.

Ask if that's him talking to Maynard at the end of Divorced.  :wink:

Offline bathroom creep

• H.F.S.P.R.!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 12:09:10 PM »

Ask if that's him talking to Maynard at the end of Divorced.  :wink:

Ahh,  nice one rictus.  :)   

But seriously, why not ask someone who should definitely know it...          ... need... to... find... out...

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

Offline ElGrampo

• gardening gloves
    • View Profile
    • Rokko's Adventures
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 12:46:35 PM »
But seriously, why not ask someone who should definitely know it...          ... need... to... find... out...

yeah why not?! if i get the chance, i'll make that clear!

Online black stallion

• Onion Ringoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 05:49:29 AM »
 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

Grampo!?where are you?!reviews?new songs?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

norecess

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 05:52:40 AM »
His status is online, online! You can't hide now, Grampy! You just can't! Share your experiences, let us feel the love you felt, the terror they spread, the power they forced upon you, the energy they gave and you received, the riffing that blew your mind and the tightness like an old jeans after a couple of a beers.

Offline bathroom creep

• H.F.S.P.R.!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 06:06:04 AM »
Yeah man!  We're waiting!  :)

But wait, look what I just found:   http://www.flickr.com/photos/23903781@N02/page4/

Pics from the show.  Scroll down, there you can find them. They continue on page 5.

Online black stallion

• Onion Ringoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 06:06:49 AM »
 :D i love you bathroom
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Offline ElGrampo

• gardening gloves
    • View Profile
    • Rokko's Adventures
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 06:32:05 AM »
what can i say? it's been really REALLY great!! some new (

norecess

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 06:36:30 AM »
Cool, cool, cool! Dog Island, eh? Must have been great!

How was the crowd's reaction? Did you see the Liars too? Were any of the old tunes new to the setlist? Or was it (from the top of my head), Oven, Your Blessened, Night Goat, Revolve, The Bit... 'that kinda stuff' ;)

Offline ElGrampo

• gardening gloves
    • View Profile
    • Rokko's Adventures
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 06:47:59 AM »
How was the crowd's reaction? Did you see the Liars too? Were any of the old tunes new to the setlist? Or was it (from the top of my head), Oven, Your Blessened, Night Goat, Revolve, The Bit... 'that kinda stuff' ;)

the crowd liked it! i mean: you can't deny it was a festival and not a club concert, but for that, it was REALLY good. some kids moshed, some securities flipped out a little bit, but nothing serious.
and yes, it was 'that kinda stuff' , you have a good memory! it was a great evening, once again the Melvins have shown that they just know what they do.

i saw parts of the Liars...i'm not a big fan of them so i can't tell you really what it was like. they have one song i really like, it's called "Leather Prowler", and if i remember correctly, it was their opener.

Offline bathroom creep

• H.F.S.P.R.!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 07:25:50 AM »
How was it like to be the first audience that heard new tunes like DOD ISLAND live?