MELVINS concert at Donaufestival Krems/ Austria, 30st of April

Started by ElGrampo, April 22, 2008, 05:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElGrampo

www.myspace.com/rokkosadventures
www.rokkosadventures.at

norecess

That's what I call lucky. Austria is a bit too far for me. Besides, I really can't spend the majority of my time traveling and seeing bands.

That's the second time in a short period a European festival chooses the Melvins as the replacement act for a canceled act. Last summer it was in Norway, now Austria. I can only guess what an act like Cat Powers might get for an appearance, so I think it's a good decision made by the Melvins. I don't expect any other European shows, although it would be nice.

You also have a sweet scoop, my friend, expecting they will try out some new material for the first time live. Do you think there will be recordings made by national tv or anything?

ElGrampo

i think there will be recordings, i don't know if i will get them.

just trying to get an interview... would be the 3rd time hehe
www.rokkosadventures.at

bathroom creep

Thanks for the news ElGrampo.  Good to know they're in Europe again.  The problem is that it's a bit too far for me as well. 
And it's not that easy to travel through the whole country whenever there's a festival somewhere... plus it costs money...

Much as I would like to see them now, I don't think it will happen.... at least not at this festival.  Hopefully later in fall.   (!!!)

By the way, an interview would be cool!  If you do it, make sure to think of some good questions.
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

rictus

Quote from: bathroom creep on April 22, 2008, 08:49:53 AM
By the way, an interview would be cool!  If you do it, make sure to think of some good questions.

Ask if that's him talking to Maynard at the end of Divorced.  :wink:

bathroom creep

Quote from: rictus on April 22, 2008, 09:44:00 AM
Quote from: bathroom creep on April 22, 2008, 08:49:53 AM

Ask if that's him talking to Maynard at the end of Divorced.  :wink:

Ahh,  nice one rictus.  :)   

But seriously, why not ask someone who should definitely know it...          ... need... to... find... out...

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

ElGrampo

Quote from: bathroom creep on April 22, 2008, 01:09:10 PM
But seriously, why not ask someone who should definitely know it...          ... need... to... find... out...

yeah why not?! if i get the chance, i'll make that clear!
www.rokkosadventures.at

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

norecess

His status is online, online! You can't hide now, Grampy! You just can't! Share your experiences, let us feel the love you felt, the terror they spread, the power they forced upon you, the energy they gave and you received, the riffing that blew your mind and the tightness like an old jeans after a couple of a beers.

bathroom creep

Yeah man!  We're waiting!  :)

But wait, look what I just found:   http://www.flickr.com/photos/23903781@N02/page4/

Pics from the show.  Scroll down, there you can find them. They continue on page 5.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

ElGrampo

what can i say? it's been really REALLY great!! some new (
www.rokkosadventures.at

norecess

Cool, cool, cool! Dog Island, eh? Must have been great!

How was the crowd's reaction? Did you see the Liars too? Were any of the old tunes new to the setlist? Or was it (from the top of my head), Oven, Your Blessened, Night Goat, Revolve, The Bit... 'that kinda stuff' ;)

ElGrampo

Quote from: norecess on May 01, 2008, 07:36:30 AM
How was the crowd's reaction? Did you see the Liars too? Were any of the old tunes new to the setlist? Or was it (from the top of my head), Oven, Your Blessened, Night Goat, Revolve, The Bit... 'that kinda stuff' ;)

the crowd liked it! i mean: you can't deny it was a festival and not a club concert, but for that, it was REALLY good. some kids moshed, some securities flipped out a little bit, but nothing serious.
and yes, it was 'that kinda stuff' , you have a good memory! it was a great evening, once again the Melvins have shown that they just know what they do.

i saw parts of the Liars...i'm not a big fan of them so i can't tell you really what it was like. they have one song i really like, it's called "Leather Prowler", and if i remember correctly, it was their opener.
www.rokkosadventures.at

bathroom creep

How was it like to be the first audience that heard new tunes like DOD ISLAND live?