KISS is an American glam rock band formed in New York City in 1973, best known for their trademark face paint and stage costumes.
The original lineup consisted of Gene Simmons (bass and vocals), Paul Stanley (rhythm guitar and vocals), Ace Frehley (lead guitar and vocals) and Peter Criss (drums and vocals).
In 1978 they released individual solo albums. This concept, along with the artwork and logo style, were parodied by Melvins on their solo releases in 1992.
KISS Songs performed by Melvins:
- "Love Thing"
- The KISS version was entitled "Love Theme (from KISS)" and appeared on their debut LP KISS in 1974.
- Melvins version appears on Ozma, 1989.
- "Going Blind"
- "God of Thunder"
- "Living in Sin"
- "Making Love"
- The original KISS version appears on the 1976 album Rock And Roll Over.
- The Melvins recorded a demo in the same sessions as Making Love Demos, but was left off the release due to a tape drop-out.
- "Detroit Rock City"
- The KISS version appeared on their LP Destroyer in 1976.
- Melvins version appears on Star Spangled Banner, 2008.