Melvins split with Jon Spencer Blues Explosion

Started by jules, February 23, 2011, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chowder Chucker

Quote from: sadcorps on May 24, 2011, 04:08:18 PM
Who cares if it is not fairly priced? You can decide not to spend the money dumbass.

I would spend $100 for a Melvins song. You know why? Cuz it is fucking worth it.

You're in luck! I just heard that the next 7" will be one-sided, and cost $100!
Rejoice, oh fanboy, rejoice!
This signature has been banned.
It rubbed the right person, the wrong way.

John Schuller

Not fanboyism fuckwad. I just understand what good music is worth. You can go back to whining about "prices" now as if the Melvins owe you or me or anyone anything. It is a simple equation - if you do not want to pay market value, do not buy it, if you cannot afford market value, do not buy it. This is the very reason I do not own many nice things!

danimal

Quote from: Chowder Chucker on May 24, 2011, 07:01:44 PM
Who cares if it is not fairly priced? You can decide not to spend the money dumbass.

I would spend $100 for a Melvins song. You know why? Cuz it is fucking worth it.

If all you want to do is mock Melvins fans, why don't you just go to the Down forum?

monts

Quote from: danimal on May 24, 2011, 10:08:58 PM
Quote from: Chowder Chucker on May 24, 2011, 07:01:44 PM

If all you want to do is mock Melvins fans, why don't you just go to the Down forum?
I don't think he is mocking Melvins fans.  I see it as, he's pointing out the stupidity of paying a large amount of money needlessly.   It doesn't take a genius to see how absurd it is to pay more than a few dollars for a single with one song.

John Schuller

Why would anyone pay for any song for that matter? They are FREE all over the internet!

What price is one song worth? You can buy one song on iTunes for a buck!

punkguysc

Quote from: sadcorps on May 24, 2011, 09:15:53 PM
Not fanboyism fuckwad. I just understand what good music is worth. You can go back to whining about "prices" now as if the Melvins owe you or me or anyone anything. It is a simple equation - if you do not want to pay market value, do not buy it, if you cannot afford market value, do not buy it. This is the very reason I do not own many nice things!

You're completely missing the point and no one suggested the Melvins owed anyone anything.  Typical lowbrow metalhead.

FartLips

I just wanna hear the song. Someone rip the damn thing already!
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Baacard0

Quote from: FART LIPS on May 25, 2011, 04:12:21 AM
I just wanna hear the song. Someone rip the damn thing already!

Someone has... It's on Youtube.

http://youtu.be/VZqrORwjNYw

buddy holiday

fart, i guess someone posted already an mp3 of it in this thread...

got my single from amrep. it arrived yesterday, looks nice... haven't listened to it yet!

John Schuller

Quote from: punkguysc on May 24, 2011, 11:32:10 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on May 24, 2011, 09:15:53 PM

You're completely missing the point and no one suggested the Melvins owed anyone anything.  Typical lowbrow metalhead.

Explain your point then typical highbrow metalhead. To me it seems that you think they have set the price too high? And for that you are complaining? Perhaps you should right their complaints department?

And what is with the "typical lowbrow metalhead" comment? Seriously - you have proven yourself to be a fuckwad - but how have I proven myself to be a "typical lowbrow metalhead"?

It is as simple as this - price too high for you? Don't buy. Price just right? Buy.

Hands First Flower

here's the point, the Melvins have a job that is making music just as you have a job doing whatever it is you do. they have to pay their rent and bills, just like you do. they feel, and judging by some of the comments on this and other threads it would be true, that people are downloading their music (for whatever bullshit reason people make) thereby stealing money, or if you want to view it as such, their wages, from them. to combat the loss of income at their job they have begun charging more for their products and making it so that you can only get it direct from them, cutting out the middleman, which makes sense.

at your job, how would you feel if your boss told you that your wages are going to go down because people have been stealing from your company? do you go along with it or do you find a new job or new line of work?

as for me, i personally appreciate the fact that the Melvins make awesome music that entertains me to no end. therefore i am more than happy to do my part and support them in their artistic endeavors.

if you don't like the high prices then dont buy it and shut the fuck up. you are not entitled to enjoy other peoples hard work.

in fact, JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!
What a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?

John Schuller

Quote from: Hands First Flower on May 25, 2011, 11:13:32 AM
here's the point, the Melvins have a job that is making music just as you have a job doing whatever it is you do. they have to pay their rent and bills, just like you do. they feel, and judging by some of the comments on this and other threads it would be true, that people are downloading their music (for whatever bullshit reason people make) thereby stealing money, or if you want to view it as such, their wages, from them. to combat the loss of income at their job they have begun charging more for their products and making it so that you can only get it direct from them, cutting out the middleman, which makes sense.

at your job, how would you feel if your boss told you that your wages are going to go down because people have been stealing from your company? do you go along with it or do you find a new job or new line of work?

as for me, i personally appreciate the fact that the Melvins make awesome music that entertains me to no end. therefore i am more than happy to do my part and support them in their artistic endeavors.

if you don't like the high prices then dont buy it and shut the fuck up. you are not entitled to enjoy other peoples hard work.

in fact, JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

HERE HERE!!!!

jonE5

PEOPLE!         PEOPLE!            PEOPLE!

The Language!!! 

[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

Sheesh!

Chowder Chucker

I buy a ton of records through mail order. It definitely seems that prices for vinyl are steadily rising, and it's understandable that a band/label might wanna rake in a few extra bucks on some of their releases. I've certainly overpaid for items that perhaps weren't worth the dough I shelled out, but this single is the biggest rip-off I've seen in some time. I don't give a fuck how great a band is....$30 for a 7" is fucking robbery. It might be worth it if it came with a patch, a sticker, a download code, a book of matches, a hanky, used condom, stick of juicy fruit, etc.. ANYTHING! It is a SINGLE folks! The going rate for most singles is $5! And let's not forget...the music included on this single FUCKING SUCKS. A total throw-away track. I'm sure Buzz and the gang are extremely happy to pass this garbage off to all of the fan-boy suckers out there. "Look at all these goons snatching up these thirty dollar singles, yee-haw! Daddy needs a new pair of Mu-mu's!"

No wonder The Melvins are a bunch of fat fucks. Do the math on these singles.
That's a lotta cake, boy.
This signature has been banned.
It rubbed the right person, the wrong way.

pinkyslim

Quote from: Chowder Chucker on May 25, 2011, 01:12:08 PM
I buy a ton of records through mail order. It definitely seems that prices for vinyl are steadily rising, and it's understandable that a band/label might wanna rake in a few extra bucks on some of their releases. I've certainly overpaid for items that perhaps weren't worth the dough I shelled out, but this single is the biggest rip-off I've seen in some time. I don't give a fuck how great a band is....$30 for a 7" is fucking robbery. It might be worth it if it came with a patch, a sticker, a download code, a book of matches, a hanky, used condom, stick of juicy fruit, etc.. ANYTHING! It is a SINGLE folks! The going rate for most singles is $5! And let's not forget...the music included on this single FUCKING SUCKS. A total throw-away track. I'm sure Buzz and the gang are extremely happy to pass this garbage off to all of the fan-boy suckers out there. "Look at all these goons snatching up these thirty dollar singles, yee-haw! Daddy needs a new pair of Mu-mu's!"

No wonder The Melvins are a bunch of fat fucks. Do the math on these singles.
That's a lotta cake, boy.

is COADY on a diet?