Melvins Videos Thread (and much more)

Started by norecess, July 26, 2007, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey there - I thought I might have posted something about this show somewhere on the board before, but I'm not finding it now. KRK was kind of locked into his position filming that one, because he was also holding down the stage right monitor wedge. "Stage" being a small flat riser not much taller than a pallet, set in the middle of Capital Lake Park. I was documenting a bunch of the bands playing IPU on a small stereo walkman strapped over my shoulder, and captured the Melvins set while holding down the stage left monitor. I've got some photos from the set, and one in particular kind of sums up the Melvins set for me; showing an elderly fellow in the background casting a curious look at the noise that was just starting to take over the tranquility of the park. As memory serves, that fellow had been enjoying a leisurely stroll. but the impending thunder from the Melvins encouraged him to pick up the pace and get the heck out of there. Prior to the set, a few of us had been lucky enough to score some homemade cookies from Buzz's mom, backstage at the van. Good times!

Quote from: jules on May 03, 2020, 03:40:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAqBdePyWN0

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: 01001010 on May 04, 2020, 08:34:30 AM
Hey there - I thought I might have posted something about this show somewhere on the board before, but I'm not finding it now. KRK was kind of locked into his position filming that one, because he was also holding down the stage right monitor wedge. "Stage" being a small flat riser not much taller than a pallet, set in the middle of Capital Lake Park. I was documenting a bunch of the bands playing IPU on a small stereo walkman strapped over my shoulder, and captured the Melvins set while holding down the stage left monitor. I've got some photos from the set, and one in particular kind of sums up the Melvins set for me; showing an elderly fellow in the background casting a curious look at the noise that was just starting to take over the tranquility of the park. As memory serves, that fellow had been enjoying a leisurely stroll. but the impending thunder from the Melvins encouraged him to pick up the pace and get the heck out of there. Prior to the set, a few of us had been lucky enough to score some homemade cookies from Buzz's mom, backstage at the van. Good times!

Quote from: jules on May 03, 2020, 03:40:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAqBdePyWN0
Nice, if you get a chance you should post some of the pictures!
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

black stallion

Prior to the set, a few of us had been lucky enough to score some homemade cookies from Buzz's mom, backstage at the van. Good times!

cool!
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: black stallion on May 04, 2020, 05:17:46 PM
Prior to the set, a few of us had been lucky enough to score some homemade cookies from Buzz's mom, backstage at the van. Good times!

cool!
Buzzo's dad was there as well.

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

black stallion

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 04, 2020, 07:17:00 PM
Quote from: black stallion on May 04, 2020, 05:17:46 PM

cool!
Buzzo's dad was there as well.

i must have seen an old pic with Buzz, Dale, Buzzo's dad and probably Dale's mom posted somewhere... was after a show

black stallion

black stallion

black stallion

black stallion

Hey, thanks for that! I had tried (...and tried... and tried....) to get a response from Monica to give me the green light for recording audio / video, but to no avail. Man, do I miss the days when I worked with the agency that booked them, and it wasn't a problem if someone reached out to us about recording. Now I'm just out of the loop, I guess. I'm kind of old and attention deficit about these things, so I ended up just not going, rather than show up with gear and haggle with the Roseland crew. Glad to see someone else was able to get it done; it looks and sounds great!

Quote from: black stallion on June 18, 2020, 07:02:51 PM

https://youtu.be/XFVhgkW9nFc

bUTTHOLEmAN

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes

amazonAMAZON

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on July 15, 2020, 07:38:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqbYS339Zz0&t=610s

(start at 10:10)

I'd say they nailed it. Do we know anything about this Olivia Jean?

I like how Ben Blackwell's camera perspective makes it look like he's playing the cymbals at his knees.