Started by black stallion, February 08, 2013, 12:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(the) flutter nuts

Missing & Intersteller Orverdrive
I got the shits real bad.

black stallion

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on February 09, 2013, 11:54:19 AM
Intersteller Orverdrive

that's an incredible version they made of that song..almost identical to the original
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

ChromePeelerRec

I carry the "IN FORMATION: A TRIBUTE TO THROBBING GRISTLE" CD that the Melvins appear on in my distro @ http://chromepeeler.blogspot.com

1 copy left. Released in 2000.

Schnabster

This an album I MUST have, both on vinyl and cd!

Yanayaya

Quote from: ChromePeelerRec on February 09, 2013, 01:46:35 PM
I carry the "IN FORMATION: A TRIBUTE TO THROBBING GRISTLE" CD that the Melvins appear on in my distro @ http://chromepeeler.blogspot.com

1 copy left. Released in 2000.

Sent you a message on the Book of Faces...
Al que está vivo todo le falta y al que está muerto todo le sobra.

moose

so is it the same song from the tribute on the new album? hmm
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

TheSwingSet

i agree the Melvins do great covers....but...ever since the 2X4 tour i have always wanted a studio version of the Queen track "Now Im Here" they used to kill that track. regardless, i am excited for this upcoming album......willing to bet its the first of three we get this year.
"SwingSet you look like a bunch of guys I know in Ireland.  It's a particular  look I can't describe.  A sort of don't fuck with me or I'll kill you look.
I mean all this in the nicest possible way of course"
--conj

Yanayaya

Quote from: TheSwingSet on February 09, 2013, 08:22:08 PM
i agree the Melvins do great covers....but...ever since the 2X4 tour i have always wanted a studio version of the Queen track "Now Im Here" they used to kill that track. regardless, i am excited for this upcoming album......willing to bet its the first of three we get this year.

One would hope!!

Helen83

This album looks great! My fav Melvins covers would be Ramones and Fleetwood Mac along with Wings.

Dan_Halen

The Queen cover has Caleb from Tweak Bird on it...I wonder if him and Buzz will sing it duet style :lol:

My favorite classic rock Melvins Covers:
Goin' Blind
The Green Manalishi
Ballad Of Dwight Fry
Interstellar Overdrive
Let Me Roll It

My favorite punk Melvins Covers:
Lexicon Devil
Way Of The World
Sacrifice
Youth Of America

Los ticka toe rest

Yanayaya

Most, if not all of these covers have been in the vaults, so to speak...  Perhaps they'll do another with all fresh material someday??!!

Oscar

Shatz

Quote from: Metalhead Cow on February 08, 2013, 01:46:38 PM
I have a confession to make... I really don't like sausage. Everyone loves bacon-now there's a statement I can get behind on  :)
Everybody loves Berner Würstl.

Keep your Arsch together, Sie werden seitlich gefickt.

Illusionator