Best Melvins Pic Ever

Started by Живојиновић, June 24, 2009, 03:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

I disagree, jackson necks ARE on jackson Guitars. PERIOD. That's what makes them Unique and also a distinct pain in the ass for ANY guitar Tech. Les pauls are RELIABLE, Jacksons are like me, PRe-maddonna high maitenance bitches.
les pauls are Straighforward and simple, rugged and reliable. I don't think they are two of the same Species. Jackson and Les pauls.

You just would be making an inferior Design. both things are perfect the way they are, Just get a Les paul AND a Jackson Style guitar. Carvin made the best jackson's in my opinion. most people don't like them because of the necks, And I do enjoy mine but It DOES take some "warming up" and getting used to the feel of the Big scale necks, not only that but IT's CONSTANT maitenance work to keep the Bridge tuned up and the damn thing BALANCED right. I like mine to "flutter" a little with the whammy...Like Carcass.

strat-style Jacksons with two singles and a humbucker already sound not-unlike a Les paul to begin with.

don't Blaspheme the LES.  :lol:

Dumpster D

no offense of course, It's wishfull thinking on your part.

There's a good enough Reason why this hasn't been done already if you know what I mean?

Mad Arab

Whats high maintenance about a wider and flatter neck with low string action? I have big hands and of all the guitars I have played the neck on a Jackson is the best fit for me and my playing is much better. As for a Floyd Rose tremolo and locking bridges, I don't need that crap.

No offense taken. Nothing wrong with thinking outside the box...

Mad Arab

Besides I'm thnking more of an SG with a Jackson neck...

Dumpster D

Quote from: Jackie Treehorn on April 29, 2012, 03:28:11 PM
Whats high maintenance about a wider and flatter neck with low string action? I have big hands and of all the guitars I have played the neck on a Jackson is the best fit for me and my playing is much better. As for a Floyd Rose tremolo and locking bridges, I don't need that crap.

No offense taken. Nothing wrong with thinking outside the box...

Uh, you play a jackson without a floyd rose? is THAT what you're saying?

OR,  do you simply negate to USE the locks on the neck? uh, IF that's the case..um I hate to tell you this, but YOU NEED to use the Neck-Nuts!!!

That's a BIG one. We are talking the WHOLE playability charactaristics shot to hell.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Lurch

Quote from: Jackie Treehorn on April 29, 2012, 03:30:57 PM
Besides I'm thnking more of an SG with a Jackson neck...
arent jacksons neck through? and gibsons are set and glued?

Snivlemdotcom

It is Scott, making sure things don't blow up with his sheer willpower. He's been in Big Business now for a while too.

jules

Quote from: )))((( on April 30, 2012, 05:52:18 AM
Quote from: black stallion on April 30, 2012, 04:09:51 AM

Im more intrgued by that dude who looks like Scott from CROM staring aimlessly into space.  :lol:
I'm even MORE intrigued why RICKY TOMLINSON is standing behind Scott or indeed is at at Melvins show in the first place!

John Schuller

Quote from: )))((( on April 30, 2012, 01:25:18 PM
Quote from: jules on April 30, 2012, 01:17:21 PM
I'm even MORE intrigued why RICKY TOMLINSON is standing behind Scott or indeed is at at Melvins show in the first place!
:lol:
Good spotting there!

Ha! That is Craig of Same Sack and Shit and Shine!

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Stonergrunge

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

FartLips

Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Dumpster D

LIKE, DAMN MY RIFFS ARE SO TASTYYY!!!  :P

and uhh, IF the melvins were a baseball team...??? (whatt-tt..team?)

:o