Best Melvins Pic Ever

Started by Живојиновић, June 24, 2009, 03:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metalhead Cow

That's a cool Dale photo. It looks like his hi hats might really be two crash cymbals stacked together? Maybe they were making hi hats bigger in the 80's, I dunno

FartLips

Looks like 14"s. That would be about normal.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

brian

Jared looks so much like Zach Galifianakis in the Smirnoff commercials in this pic

A Vodka Movie by Zach Galifianakis, Tim and Eric

perzo)))

that hair is very similar.
Again,a gorgeous tragedy approaches,in the wake of those thought contained.But sonic reverberations shake the very marrow of the fragile chamber of mans lifeforce,and again the minions quiver in fear,as daylight fails to come,and Melvins walk the battlefield,bored and hungry...

homeless_dad

Reminds me of Helen's AV.
Is Ian back yet??

GW

Yanayaya

Quote from: Dumpster D on March 19, 2013, 02:10:12 AM
not like Buzz WANTED to Put the LP into Retirement, Thank the wonderful Airline folks for busting the neck on it a million times!  :x

He said EVERYTHING including the frets had been re-tread.  :shock:

the amount of sweat that thing absorbed, it was probly Starting to rot the finish right off the wood.

Cannibal corpse calls it *the funk*

and They get between 5-7 years out of their guitars before the sweat corrodes and rusts any metallic ornaments on their Guitars...so that being said; When I saw the melvins for the first time, Buzz was sweating so bad all over it, Even the LP was Dripping sweat!  8) 8) 8) ROCK and ROLL motherfucker!

he got a lot of miles out of it, Buzz figures he played 1000 shows with it more or less, if you watch the Gear intweview...(my personal Favourite clip of Buzz, so much so I made my parents watch it!!!)

I think that its safe to say that Buzz pushed his LP to the extreme Limit! and beyond.

if you arent sure of the Ruggedness of that Guitar, Im sure Buzz is the benchmark of going the distance with one.

The EGC Gold axe is lean, mean, and clean. Buzz has mentioned that he never thought he would play anything but Gibson, until he tried an Electric Guitar Co. axe. He claims it is much easier to play. That his fingers cramp less because the neck is thinner. I'm no expert, but Melvins sound has not suffered by this switch. I would consider this an upgrade...
Al que está vivo todo le falta y al que está muerto todo le sobra.

black stallion

Quote from: homeless_dad on March 19, 2013, 01:01:06 PM
Quote from: black stallion on March 19, 2013, 06:30:30 AM
Quote from: brian on March 06, 2013, 09:37:24 PM

just seen a post of Dale on fb saying he was seventeen in this pic  O:)
:shock:
Did Dale ever start out mediocre or did he just bust out with the at a crawl intro the first time he ever picked up sticks??? 

respect.

the words mediocre and crover cannot be related  [-X
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

homeless_dad

Quote from: black stallion on March 25, 2013, 07:42:42 AM
Quote from: homeless_dad on March 19, 2013, 01:01:06 PM
Quote from: black stallion on March 19, 2013, 06:30:30 AM
Quote from: brian on March 06, 2013, 09:37:24 PM

just seen a post of Dale on fb saying he was seventeen in this pic  O:)
:shock:
Did Dale ever start out mediocre or did he just bust out with the at a crawl intro the first time he ever picked up sticks??? 

respect.

the words mediocre and crover cannot be related  [-X
I seriously think he just came out of the womb with the inherent ability of a drumming god!
Is Ian back yet??

Dumpster D

Quote from: Yanayaya on March 22, 2013, 12:41:44 PM
Quote from: Dumpster D on March 19, 2013, 02:10:12 AM
not like Buzz WANTED to Put the LP into Retirement, Thank the wonderful Airline folks for busting the neck on it a million times!  :x

He said EVERYTHING including the frets had been re-tread.  :shock:

the amount of sweat that thing absorbed, it was probly Starting to rot the finish right off the wood.

Cannibal corpse calls it *the funk*

and They get between 5-7 years out of their guitars before the sweat corrodes and rusts any metallic ornaments on their Guitars...so that being said; When I saw the melvins for the first time, Buzz was sweating so bad all over it, Even the LP was Dripping sweat!  8) 8) 8) ROCK and ROLL motherfucker!

he got a lot of miles out of it, Buzz figures he played 1000 shows with it more or less, if you watch the Gear intweview...(my personal Favourite clip of Buzz, so much so I made my parents watch it!!!)

I think that its safe to say that Buzz pushed his LP to the extreme Limit! and beyond.

if you arent sure of the Ruggedness of that Guitar, Im sure Buzz is the benchmark of going the distance with one.

The EGC Gold axe is lean, mean, and clean. Buzz has mentioned that he never thought he would play anything but Gibson, until he tried an Electric Guitar Co. axe. He claims it is much easier to play. That his fingers cramp less because the neck is thinner. I'm no expert, but Melvins sound has not suffered by this switch. I would consider this an upgrade...

Yeah, I agree, Its not Exactly the Sound of a Les paul, but Its Distinctive and yeah, Buzz Is coming up with some Mean Licks on that EGC!!!

Definetly an Excellent, outstanding guitar, knowing How much Buzz was Stickler to his Les, that says everything right there.

The sound is definetly more Crisp and Defined, brighter and just a Bit Tinny, but In a good way it adds enough Zazzyness to the Grit and Chug, Definetly allows Buzz to Play a lot more swiftly.

As much as I miss the familiar shearing Drone of his old faithful, I think theres enough melvins albums out there to quench my need for that sound.

As long as Buzz Is happy with his Guitar, and making some killer Tunes, IM HAPPY!  :D :D :D

deatheats

Dumpster D

Hahaa, Buzz saying; LOOK MA, NO CAVITIES--OH WAIT!  :shock:

homeless_dad

Thanks to Walsby for this beauty!  It's getting framed and gonna hang it in the garage of my new house (assuming I get it).  :o

Is Ian back yet??

Dumpster D

man, Quality.  :lol:

Dales Expression Totally is comical to Ringo!

Snivlemdotcom