Best Melvins Pic Ever

Started by Живојиновић, June 24, 2009, 03:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

I Noticed the Four Ampeg Cabs too.

Thats a lot of Juice.

I wish they were still trying to break the world sound record like they used to always do...some good days.

anaconda

I think 2 of those cabs were his and the other two were Jennifer Finch's (LZ)

Dumpster D

Yeah makes sense, NO one needs that much power for the venues of about 500 capacity.

You wouldnt even be getting more volume or anything Just more sound pressure per square inch.

Hes only running two of those then.

crushr24

Decibel Magazine
Decibel Hall of Fame: The Making of Melvins' Stoner Witch
August 2014

Melvins have always prided themselves on an economical approach to the studio. What did you do with the money left over from the budget for Stoner Witch?

Crover: We bought a bunch of gear. We bought four SVT cabinets, two Hiwatt stacks and road cases for all of our gear. Then we went on tour with L7 and had a massive amount of gear every night. That was back when we thought it was a good idea to have a bunch of gear like that. Of course, the older we get, the less gear I want to carry around. I remember that there were a couple of gigs where there wasn't enough room onstage for all four SVT cabinets, but our sound guy was determined to get all of them up there, so he ended up stacking the cabinets on top of each other, and it ended up looking like Black Sabbath's old backline. That's how he got his nickname, "Old School."
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money
trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and
pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
There's also a negative side."

― Hunter S. Thompson

meezer

Quote from: anaconda on October 14, 2014, 08:42:45 PM
I think 2 of those cabs were his and the other two were Jennifer Finch's (LZ)
Whatcha tryin' to say?  :P
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Dumpster D

Quote from: crushr24 on October 14, 2014, 09:08:28 PM
Decibel Magazine
Decibel Hall of Fame: The Making of Melvins' Stoner Witch
August 2014

Melvins have always prided themselves on an economical approach to the studio. What did you do with the money left over from the budget for Stoner Witch?

Crover: We bought a bunch of gear. We bought four SVT cabinets, two Hiwatt stacks and road cases for all of our gear. Then we went on tour with L7 and had a massive amount of gear every night. That was back when we thought it was a good idea to have a bunch of gear like that. Of course, the older we get, the less gear I want to carry around. I remember that there were a couple of gigs where there wasn't enough room onstage for all four SVT cabinets, but our sound guy was determined to get all of them up there, so he ended up stacking the cabinets on top of each other, and it ended up looking like Black Sabbath's old backline. That's how he got his nickname, "Old School."

who is he calling *oldschool* does he mean The bassist or the soundman.  :?

no shit eh!

good one.

again I was right with on with my first gut instinct that they Indeed were determined to be Stupidly loud as fuck.

That was the *feedback set* Era as far as I can tell. Early 1995.

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Stonergrunge

^LOL, that's by far the ugliest mumu I've ever seen.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

FartLips

No getting pinkus in that get up?
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Dumpster D

Quote from: Stonergrunge on October 19, 2014, 10:17:58 AM

You mean the Starchild KISS style mumu!  :love:

meezer

Isn't that the lowest cut, yet? Can't see feet!  :shock:

Maybe they are turning into a cult!  :-k
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Fureon Nectarmoon

Where did the new muumuu from the Sacramento show go?! I LOVED that one  :(
This one, not so much.

Gene Simmons and young Mackie!  :)

meezer

Out of all the awesome things going on in that pic, I have to vote for Dale
with pork chop sideburns and a Skynyrd shirt.  :love:

Stonergrunge

Quote from: Fureon Nectarmoon on October 22, 2014, 08:24:21 AM
Where did the new muumuu from the Sacramento show go?! I LOVED that one  :(
This one, not so much.

You mean the one with the eyes? Agreed, very cool.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.