coupla quickie questions about "Melvins Lite" shows...

Started by ballsdeep, September 04, 2012, 03:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballsdeep

1. set length (roughly, while I've graduated from analog tape, I fill in the 32 gig flash cards as I go, and knowing "no longer than 90 minutes" would be cool)

2. merch - how much should I plan on spending?  any recent t-shirt/vinyl/poster designs?

3. why am I CURSED with this "taper disease" thang?

just found a box that has:

St. Louis MO, Vintage Vinyl, University Book Store, September 13, 1997, 33:30 long

in it.

on the back of a Gov't Mule soundboard from '96, of all things.

perhaps I should take a listen (my bootleg collection is extensive, I'm sure there's more Melvins somewhere)

anyhow...................discuss:

jules

1. I imagine 90 minutes tops.

2. The merch this year is ridiculous. New 10-inches with different sleeves, picture discs, limited edition CDs, you name it. How much of it they'll fly with up to Alaska is anyone's guess, though. I'm thinking not much. Don't quote me, though. Hopefully I'm wrong.

3. We're all cursed with one thing or another here, so you're among friends.

GrimReaper

No longer than 90 minutes is a safe bet.

The St. L is a Melvins set? If so please share it!

Equipment is good enough these days to record straight to flash drives?

See you in Anchorage. Bush Company still open? What about Chilcoot Charlies?

Idlehanz

Quote from: GrimReaper on September 04, 2012, 03:59:51 AM

Equipment is good enough these days to record straight to flash drives?

Yup.  I have a 32gb and 64gb SDHC card for my camera.  You can get 128gb cards that will hold 32 hours of footage.  Shooting in HD takes more space though.

Dan_Halen

What is the likelihood that there will still be 10"s left by October 3rd when the get to CT? Anyone on here wanna grab/ship me some records whose going to any of the first shows? PM me.
Los ticka toe rest

ballsdeep

yeh, I should have specified the 32g cards for video, as 90m can eat up an easy 10g when recording in HQ....I  usually dump to flash drives post-show, again, not sure if you guys have a "movie guru" in these parts who can author/edit, but I'd be happy to wing a drive their way with the audio/video files and let them go to town.

if the above mentioned Melvins show is not in circulation, I'd be happy to put it out there too, it's all 1 track on the cd, I'm assuming the person who sent it to me 10+ years ago wasn't familiar enough with their music to track it.

anywho, thanks for the answers and whatnot, and I'll try and do you folks justice.

peace, geese, Maurice, chicken grease and Bernice (but only on Tuesdays)

-S

spunkmonkey

QuoteBush Company still open? What about Chilcoot Charlies?

I went both places last July, so I'd assume so.