Melvins gig posters get their own topic

Started by Idlehanz, September 11, 2007, 01:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idlehanz

Quote from: swampviking on September 07, 2008, 07:41:46 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on September 07, 2008, 07:23:14 PM
Quote from: bathroom creep on September 07, 2008, 04:21:33 PM
The Howard poster is fucking awesome.  Thanks for posting it.
It's a beaut!  I need to track it down.

http://www.monkeyink.com/
Thank you sir.

And that's the Triclops poster I got in Portland.  I got the first one they sold.  It's pretty in person.  Very vibrant.

swampviking

Quote from: Idlehanz on September 08, 2008, 07:42:08 PM
Quote from: swampviking on September 07, 2008, 07:41:46 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on September 07, 2008, 07:23:14 PM
Quote from: bathroom creep on September 07, 2008, 04:21:33 PM
The Howard poster is fucking awesome.  Thanks for posting it.
It's a beaut!  I need to track it down.

http://www.monkeyink.com/
Thank you sir.

And that's the Triclops poster I got in Portland.  I got the first one they sold.  It's pretty in person.  Very vibrant.

John is a good guy and a good artist.

bathroom creep

I'm getting this one for sure.  I also really liked the last High on Fire poster he did.  Great work there.

http://monkeyink.com/ink/blog/images/hofsep1opener600.jpg
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

swampviking

maffymaff

Quote from: swampviking on September 10, 2008, 10:10:02 AM

I hope these are for sale at the Manchester gig. I'll definately be picking one up!

glen

that manchester poster does next to nothing for me.   it crosses the simplicity vs. art line.

I get the theme.   but is that something I'd choose to hang on my wall as opposed to say the eugene poster or the NYC poster?

oh hell no.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

ManWithNoName

glen

Quote from: ManWithNoName on September 10, 2008, 12:13:17 PM
I think it's great.

yeah well,  what do you know?   :)

make mine something with some skulls or naked chicks.  something to that affect.

red stripes on paper with black ink... BORING!
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.

Idlehanz

I'd like to have it as a sticker.  A bunch of em.  To put in the place of the normal placards on trains and trucks.

cara

3d-alex

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: 3d-alex on September 10, 2008, 08:42:12 PM
This came to mind immediatly:

Ha ha, they were 'inspired' by the massive attack graphic.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

glen

Quote from: GrimReaper on September 11, 2008, 09:33:00 AM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 10, 2008, 09:46:05 PM

'inspired'

The flame is identical.

yeah but that is a standard symbol for labeling something as flammable.
so if you're going to start throwing around potential plagiarism accusations you have to take that right to massive attack as well.

its tough to even call that plagiarism on any level though.   that would be like someone using a smiley face or a peace symbol in their art and being accused of plagiarism.  it doesn't really fly.

GrimReaper