Melvins gig posters get their own topic

Started by Idlehanz, September 11, 2007, 01:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(the) Razor

Quote from: The Fool on January 21, 2009, 08:34:40 AM
Quote from: SpaceFarm on January 20, 2009, 02:49:27 PM
I'll see if Sydney sells them first. I'll let PM you before the 27th.

So how was it?!?
...And did you have any luck with the poster by any chance?

It's on tonight (Thursday), I'm driving up and won't have internet until Saturday so I'll let you know then.
Don't click this

>>>JZS<<<

angryblue

4-Color heavy white and cream stock. 14x24. A total signed and numbered edition of 115 (60 on white, 55 on cream)

Hand printed at Crackhead Press in Louisville, KY
$30 (shipping included for US)
www.angryblue.com

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: angryblue on January 28, 2009, 12:05:01 PM

4-Color heavy white and cream stock. 14x24. A total signed and numbered edition of 115 (60 on white, 55 on cream)

Hand printed at Crackhead Press in Louisville, KY
$30 (shipping included for US)
www.angryblue.com

Are you planning to make a shirt out of this poster?

glen

Quote from: jzacs71 on January 28, 2009, 12:55:10 PM

my guess is it would have to be somehow liscensed by the MELVINS.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: glen on January 28, 2009, 01:11:42 PM

Yeah,the only reason i asked is because they had so many band t-shirts on their site.

angryblue

I am going to make some more 'Angryblue' merch this year. I haven't had any of my own shirts printed for a few years. I am adjusting this for a shirt for a brand called "Iron Fist". Next month, their new catalogue should be available and there will be about 8 shirts with art of mine on them. A good chunk are things taken from older poster art of mine.

More than likely, i will end up doing a larger art print version of this as well in a few months.

angryblue

here's a shirt i finished up last week with my last melvins poster.

rictus

Quote from: jzacs71 on January 28, 2009, 01:20:41 PM
Quote from: glen on January 28, 2009, 01:11:42 PM

Yeah,the only reason i asked is because they had so many band t-shirts on their site.

There's  quite a few unlicensed shirts on eBay.

rictus

Quote from: angryblue on January 28, 2009, 01:25:55 PM
here's a shirt i finished up last week with my last melvins poster.

That's either a huuuge print or a tiny shirt.

angryblue

The Fool

the melvins ding dong poster is absolutely delightful- especially after being 'scribbled on' by all involved! :wink:

the fantomas posters by alan hynes really have to be seen in person to be truly appreciated too.
the beauty of the print doesn't show up in pics, but it is also sensational! 
...don't know anything about printing processes so i'm not sure how the fantomas posters were printed, but the glossy black is raised.

thankfully i got the last signed fantomas poster (91/100) from the melvins show as i didn't get one from the fantomas show because the line for the merch stand was enormous (with people in top hats wanting to buy serj tankian shirts... ughh) and i couldn't spot the posters from the side of the stand and i had seen quite a few people with them, so i figured i missed out while we were waiting in the neverending line to get in.
i asked moss how many there was when i got the melvins poster from him before the early melvins show and he said only four or five, so i'm so fuckin happy i got one! 

can't wait to get both these babies framed- along with my kathie olivas prints!!! 
...just realised that's gonna set me back quite a bit!  :lol:

AU$50ea is chicken feed for those signed posters to me, particularly when they will cost well over that each to frame.
to get either of those posters shipped here seperately from US would have cost much more than that with the AU$ exchange rate being so pathetic.

anyway, both artists rock!!!
take care,
The Fool