Melvins gig posters get their own topic

Started by Idlehanz, September 11, 2007, 01:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swampviking

GrimReaper

I will be the first to call the baby ugly.

anaconda

I agree. The concept might have been there, we get it, both bands are
'dinosaurs' of grunge but the execution is sadly amateur, it even fails on the
basic requirement of a poster to promote a show since the date and address
are too tiny.  Buzz wins this round on the band-designed posters by a mile.

bathroom creep

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

bathroom creep

Just found this on the Secret Serpents myspace:

Adam Jones

Centripetal core of soul sojourn the field vibrates to absolution. I climb toward the sun to breathe the universal.

Have you seen the bridge?  I ain't seen the bridge!  Where's that confounded bridge?!

the ether bunny

its funny... even if bathroom creep didnt mention that this poster is by adam jones, i would have immidiatly thought of adam jones.
he was a mongoloid.

VaticanShotglass

I was in Barnes&Nobles today and was looking through this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Gig-Posters-Rock-Show-Century/dp/1594743266/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242015552&sr=8-1

I rather liked it.  Every other page is a full page poster of good quality paper and printing.  The melvins got the short end unfortunately as they only got one full page and it was the one of the ugly baseball player.  Sonic Youth had two good full pagers (one from the Chapel Hill show I missed in 2004).  I was a little disappointed that there were multiple Kanye West pages while nothing with the melvins I'd put on the wall.  BTW Amazon is half the price of B&N.

Quote from: the ether bunny on May 10, 2009, 04:16:35 PM
its funny... even if bathroom creep didnt mention that this poster is by adam jones, i would have immidiatly thought of adam jones.
I agree.  It kinda looks like a cock n' balls indention.

bathroom creep

m3kcomp

I ended up buying the Adam Jones poster last night after seeing it in person. I originally was bummed about it, but I'm glad I got it. Bummer was being the first stop and not having a shot at the other posters yet.

>>>JZS<<<

It's not the Buzzo 25th ann. poster, but I am very happy to be the new owner of this gem.

Buick GN

GrimReaper

Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on May 31, 2009, 12:26:54 PM
It's not the Buzzo 25th ann. poster, but I am very happy to be the new owner of this gem.

That is beautiful.

GrimReaper

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: GrimReaper on June 02, 2009, 03:48:20 AM

Tell us where you got it Jesus.

"I got it online"....ebay, I tryed to order one from the company's/artist's ( Michael "Spacke" Kraemer ) website ,but I can't read German. This one is an artists proof ,so it might be slightly different from the picture I posted.... but I got it for about half of the price listed on their site.

....Just logged on to their site and their 'english' button works now. :D

http://www.douze.de/index.php3?page=done-gigposters&search=MELVINS

This one is pretty badass too...

erin

TV Mind... time to wake up