Melvins gig posters get their own topic

Started by Idlehanz, September 11, 2007, 01:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perzo)))

Again,a gorgeous tragedy approaches,in the wake of those thought contained.But sonic reverberations shake the very marrow of the fragile chamber of mans lifeforce,and again the minions quiver in fear,as daylight fails to come,and Melvins walk the battlefield,bored and hungry...

>>>JZS<<<

swampviking

2011 Japan Tour poster by Junko Mizuno:

>>>JZS<<<

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: jules on March 15, 2011, 02:58:22 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 15, 2011, 02:41:24 PM
This is a rip off, go buy it for much less straight from the artist.
http://lalalandposters.com/
Well said. Didn't have time to do my homework.

I got my set from La-La Land a couple of weeks ago they look real nice, matched set 10 of 50.

...and because I'm a geek, I found out where to get the rubber finger monsters featured in the posters...

http://www.mcphee.com/shop/search.php?search_query=finger&x=0&y=0    :lol:

jonE5

Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on March 18, 2011, 09:43:01 AM
Quote from: jules on March 15, 2011, 02:58:22 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 15, 2011, 02:41:24 PM
This is a rip off, go buy it for much less straight from the artist.
http://lalalandposters.com/
Well said. Didn't have time to do my homework.

I got my set from La-La Land a couple of weeks ago they look real nice, matched set 10 of 50.

...and because I'm a geek, I found out where to get the rubber finger monsters featured in the posters...

http://www.mcphee.com/shop/search.php?search_query=finger&x=0&y=0    :lol:

I was really happy they matched my set too.. a pleasant surprise!  :D

-I do need those finger puppets.. I Love Archie Mcphee, awesome dorkie stuff!

swampviking

Secret Serpents presents: The OFFICIAL 'An Evening with the Melvins' tour series!

The Melvins, who recently completed a sold out residency at Los Angeles' Spaceland, are taking the idea mobile with two-night stints in six U.S. cities this May.

The upcoming performances will feature the same set list in each city with the first night kicking off with the band performing songs from Lysol and Egg Nog followed by a second set of music from Houdini. The second night in each mini-residency will be Bullhead for the first set and Stoner Witch for the second. There will be no opening artists for this tour.

The Melvins' next release is Sugar Daddy Live, a thirteen-track live recording set for release on May 31 via Ipecac Recordings.

05/13/11 - Seattle, WA - The Crocodile - Stainboy
05/14/11 - Seattle, WA - The Crocodile - Justin Kamerer / Angryblue
05/16/11 - San Francisco, CA - Great American - Alan Forbes
05/17/11 - San Francisco, CA - Great American - Ross Sewage
05/27/11 - Austin, TX - Mohawk - Jared Connor / Mexican Chocolate
05/28/11 - Austin, TX - Mohawk - Bobby Dixon
05/31/11 - Chicago, IL - Double Door - Jay Ryan
06/01/11 - Chicago, IL - Double Door - TBA
06/03/11 - Boston, MA - Paradise - Jeff LaChance
06/04/11 - Boston, MA - Paradise - Jim Mazza
06/06/11 - Brooklyn, NY - Music Hall of Williamsburg - Justin Walsh
06/07/11 - Brooklyn, NY - Music Hall of Williamsburg - Tara McPherson

jonE5

Sweet! Looks like the NY posters are probably gonna be Awesome!

-I Love Tara McPherson's work  :D

(the) flutter nuts

DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THAT THE JAN 7 SPACELAND POSTER , THE GREEN ONE HAS A SPELLING MISTAKE? IT SAYS EGGNOW NOT EGGNOG?
I got the shits real bad.

rictus

Bobby Dixon did the Waldo poster, which is one of my favorites. Hopefully I'll be at that show.

chuckm792

Quote from: swampviking on March 23, 2011, 12:37:58 PM
... The upcoming performances will feature the same set list in each city with the first night kicking off with the band performing songs from Lysol and Egg Nog followed by a second set of music from Houdini. The second night in each mini-residency will be Bullhead for the first set and Stoner Witch for the second. There will be no opening artists for this tour...
The Crocodile's web calendar says they are playing with "Special Guests" each night.  Usually that means an opening band, no?
chuckm

spunkmonkey

Quote from: chuckm792 on March 25, 2011, 05:55:23 PM
Quote from: swampviking on March 23, 2011, 12:37:58 PM
... The upcoming performances will feature the same set list in each city with the first night kicking off with the band performing songs from Lysol and Egg Nog followed by a second set of music from Houdini. The second night in each mini-residency will be Bullhead for the first set and Stoner Witch for the second. There will be no opening artists for this tour...
The Crocodile's web calendar says they are playing with "Special Guests" each night.  Usually that means an opening band, no?

Lukin is sitting in.  :P

We need another Horkey Melvins poster.

anaconda

Quote from: flutter nuts on March 25, 2011, 03:08:26 PM
DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THAT THE JAN 7 SPACELAND POSTER , THE GREEN ONE HAS A SPELLING MISTAKE? IT SAYS EGGNOW NOT EGGNOG?

Ya, it was deliberate. Melvins way of saying this is how we play Eggnog now