Melvins gig posters get their own topic

Started by Idlehanz, September 11, 2007, 01:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUDY

Yeah, that's one of the best ones I've seen. Symmetrical and mono-tone is easy on the eyes.

Turn your head sideways. Now look at the icon at 5 O'Clock. Reminds me of the super-badass Batshirt :

dead mike

Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

spunkmonkey

Quote from: dead mike on September 17, 2012, 09:38:45 PM
Anyone seen a DC poster?

He posts quite a bit in the Ecumenical Discussion thread.

dead mike

Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

swampviking

spunkmonkey

Dan_Halen

I'm hoping there is going to be a CT poster...  :?
Los ticka toe rest

smokey

Swamp, hey thanks for updating! Yr on it.
Spunk,  I agree. Pretty meh. Guess I expected more considering it was over a week late!
Dan, hope you get a cool show poster, and something good from Walsby!

Rick

What a bummer for you guys that you find it lazy. This thing took me a very long time to design; longer than many I've done.

It's a 43lpi halftone printed reversed on 130# black. It's pretty tight, but I guess that isn't so important to you.

They were dropped off with the band on September 7, so I have no idea why they weren't at the show.

Justin - let me know when you're in town and I'll give you a few. If I'm not too lazy to get around to it.

anaconda

what was the source of the photo? is it archival? stock? self-shot??

Rick

It was a mix. Some of it is from Pripyat (where I haven't been, obviously), part of it is from a picture I took in Balestrino, and part of it is a shot of a girl I've had sitting around for ages, wanting to do something cool.

jules

(the) flutter nuts

i like it a lot, took me a little while to find the date and band name, well done!!! i consider this more art then just a show poster.
I got the shits real bad.

spunkmonkey

Quote from: spunkmonkey on September 18, 2012, 07:17:42 PM
Damn, that's a lazy poster.

Sorry, that was a little harsh.  It was just my initial reaction to reading that it was one color, "cranked out in a single evening".  Also, in my opinion a gig poster should feature the gig info a little more prominently (it took me a minute to find it as well).  It does look cool, just more of an art print than a gig poster.

Rick

Aha - yeah I can see how that would read as me just phoning it in.

I actually spent forever on the design, but forgot they were due at the venue on the 7th. Around 6pm (in the middle of dinner) I texted Swampy just to check when they were supposed to be dropped off. When he replied "Tonight, dummy" I raced to my shop and cranked the prints out. The design was already done, I just printed them at the last minute.

Sorry if I seemed defensive!