Melvins gig posters get their own topic

Started by Idlehanz, September 11, 2007, 01:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satchel Paige

Still none from the Dallas or Austin shows?
I NEED to go to both
but I'll probably HAVE to go to one
and which has the best p o s t i e rs.

smokey

TMR has the recent show poster for half price today.

swampviking

swampviking

glen

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

swampviking

swampviking

Idlehanz

Quote from: swampviking on July 10, 2013, 06:34:26 PM
Poster set by Bobby Dixon:

I love the shit out of Dixon, but the one on the left is the same as his his 8-23-08 poster, with different text. 

I'll buy it anyway.

swampviking

Quote from: Idlehanz on July 10, 2013, 06:46:19 PM

I love the shit out of Dixon, but the one on the left is the same as his his 8-23-08 poster, with different text. 

I'll buy it anyway.

There were reasons for this. It was either this or no poster for the show at all.

Idlehanz

Quote from: swampviking on July 10, 2013, 06:51:58 PM

I'll buy it anyway.

There were reasons for this. It was either this or no poster for the show at all.

That's cool. I just love this theme he's going with on them, and I realized it's the same.  His first two are hanging on the wall not 5 feet away, so it was easy to notice.

I love that the first two are a little over 4 years apart, and he continued this theme of cars colliding.  Looks great when framed and hung together. 

swampviking

Quote from: Idlehanz on July 10, 2013, 06:57:35 PM

I'll buy it anyway.

That's cool. I just love this theme he's going with on them, and I realized it's the same.  His first two are hanging on the wall not 5 feet away, so it was easy to notice.

I love that the first two are a little over 4 years apart, and he continued this theme of cars colliding.  Looks great when framed and hung together.

He was going to continue with the theme a little further, but something came up and he pulled this together. This almost didn't happen, but I'm stoked with the results.

(PAUL)

Well I'm glad he made the posters as I really like them and I'm going to the gig, so I might pick them up (if I don't spend all my money on other merch).
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Idlehanz

Quote from: swampviking on July 10, 2013, 07:04:06 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on July 10, 2013, 06:57:35 PM

I'll buy it anyway.

He was going to continue with the theme a little further, but something came up and he pulled this together. This almost didn't happen, but I'm stoked with the results.
I love them too.  It was more of something I noticed than a complaint.  I might have to ask (PAUL) if he would grab me signed copies :)

brian

Let's see the Rock Island poster. Still think it's cool that they're playing a headlining show in the place I grew up in, going to do my best to make it down there for it...

spunkmonkey

Quotebut the one on the left is the same as his his 8-23-08 poster

The one on the right is the same also.  It's just facing the opposite direction and is blue.

Dixon does rule though.  His Melvins Where's Waldo poster is one of my favs.