Melvins gig posters get their own topic

Started by Idlehanz, September 11, 2007, 01:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swampviking

swampviking

Mount Ambulance

It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

swampviking

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on June 09, 2014, 06:32:02 PM

hahahaha!!!

This is pretty amazing. When he showed me where he was going with this I changed the date he was originally assigned to something closer to DC.

swampviking

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: swampviking on June 09, 2014, 06:59:42 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on June 09, 2014, 06:32:02 PM

hahahaha!!!

This is pretty amazing. When he showed me where he was going with this I changed the date he was originally assigned to something closer to DC.

A nice gesture on you're behalf Swamp ... No DC date on this tour? Would've been great for the 9:30 ... though regardless of proximity to Dischordland this one's still all full on hahahaha!!!
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

swampviking

meezer

Quote from: swampviking on June 11, 2014, 10:31:23 AM
Ross Sewage:

Heidi Elise Wirz:

Ten points for use of a stompbox, but I'm docking you two points for no dead rodents.  :lol:

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

swampviking

Quote from: meezer on June 11, 2014, 10:55:24 AM
Ten points for use of a stompbox, but I'm docking you two points for no dead rodents.  :lol:

Yes, but are you familiar with the pedal? Do a google search for 'Buzz Box pedal' and see what Buzz had to say about it...

meezer

I seem to remember something like, "if you want to pay that much money to sound like shit, then knock yourself out". Any poster for Tucson, AZ?
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

glen

Heidi Elise Wirz:

I like it.  but I'm wondering why Ruth Buzzi is on it.

No but for real, I'll likely own one soon.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

swampviking

Quote from: meezer on June 11, 2014, 11:23:54 AM
I seem to remember something like, "if you want to pay that much money to sound like shit, then knock yourself out". Any poster for Tucson, AZ?

"I had nothing to do with it. I mean, does my guitar really sound that bad? ... The guys at DOD are kind of crazy; I have to give them credit for that. A guy there was always bugging me at shows about how we got the sound on the Eggnog record. I used this thing called a Blue Box, an octave divider from the early Seventies. So this guy says, 'I want to design a pedal; we'll call it the Buzz Box and get that sound out of it.' But it wasn't so much that he wanted to do an endorsement or anything. I think he just likes the sound of it. So he came to one of our shows and looked inside the Blue Box. He kind of duplicated it and combined it with the Grunge Pedal in a new pedal. I have to admire DOD for putting out something that insane. Yes, the Buzz Box is totally worthless. It sounds like a vacuum cleaner."

For some reason artists seem to flake on Tucson. There was one assigned, but we'll see if anything comes of it....

meezer

Thanks. Strike one to keep the Melvins Arizona shows in Phoenix.  [-(

swampviking

badhatharry

Quote from: swampviking on June 12, 2014, 01:26:38 PM
Marq Spusta:

I'm only on my iPhone, but that is fucking gorgeous. I don't recognize the name but is that the same artist that's done the last few Dinosaur Jr albums?