how many times have you seen melvins live?

Started by theNotoriouslemmyRamone, August 29, 2010, 07:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gesundheit

October 31, 2005 San Francisco, CA - Great American Music Hall w/ The Dicks, Zolar X
- first show in the presence of Buzz and Dale, almost doesn't count as a Melvins show considering it was just Jelvins

November 09, 2005 Sacramento, CA - Boardwalk w/ Altamont
- first real Melvins show

July 20, 2007 San Francisco, CA - Slims playing Houdini in its entirety
- my girl's first Melvins show

July 21, 2007 San Francisco, CA - Slims playing Lysol and Eggnog in their entirety
- this show absolutely pulverized me

June 16, 2008 San Francisco, California - Great American Music Hall, Biafra Five-O, a show for Jello Biafra's 50th birthday
June 17, 2008 San Francisco, California - Great American Music Hall, Biafra Five-O, a show for Jello Biafra's 50th birthday
- knee surgery prior to these shows guaranteed I would be on crutches, hobbling around the city, on both nights...had a blast!

July 18, 2008 San Francisco, CA - Slim's w/ Big Business
- first NWB show

November 26, 2008 San Diego, CA - Cane's w/ Big Business
- rescheduled show from a canceled date earlier in the year

November 28, 2008 Los Angeles, CA - Troubadour w/ Big Business
- black friday, drove up and back from SD after working a twelve hour shift

December 27, 2008 San Francisco, CA - Great American Music Hall w/ The Lewd
- Melvins holiday show in the city. epic set starting with Zodiac...included With Yo' Heart...ended with Night Goat with both Jared and Trevor

August 7, 2009 - San Jose, CA - The Blank Club
- two sets of Melvins...started with a sound check that included With Teeth and Smiling Cobra

August 16, 2009 - San Diego, CA - House Of Blues w/ Down
- got drunk, showed up, continued to get absolutely wasted, watched the Melvins play, left, and got even more drunk

October 17, 2009 - San Diego, CA - Canes w/ Butthole Surfers
- tour with BHS, girlfriend (not me) got to meet Buzz before the show and got a picture with him

January 2, 2010 - San Francisco, CA - Great American Music Hall
- took her mom to see her first Melvins show...they also played Hung Bunny and Roman Bird Dog

June 1, 2010 - San Diego, CA - The Casbah w/ Totimoshi
- TBSM show...too fucking sick to describe...too many great songs...highlights included: Black Stooges, HB/RDB, AMAZON, Skin Horse, The Water Glass, Lovely Butterflies...the list goes on

July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club w/ Totimoshi
- had no ticket for this sold out show...just showed up early and waited...and waited...and then I got in!

jules

Quote from: gesundheit on August 31, 2010, 03:50:47 AM
October 31, 2005 San Francisco, CA - Great American Music Hall w/ The Dicks, Zolar X
- first show in the presence of Buzz and Dale, almost doesn't count as a Melvins show considering it was just Jelvins

November 09, 2005 Sacramento, CA - Boardwalk w/ Altamont
- first real Melvins show

July 20, 2007 San Francisco, CA - Slims playing Houdini in its entirety
- my girl's first Melvins show

July 21, 2007 San Francisco, CA - Slims playing Lysol and Eggnog in their entirety
- this show absolutely pulverized me

June 16, 2008 San Francisco, California - Great American Music Hall, Biafra Five-O, a show for Jello Biafra's 50th birthday
June 17, 2008 San Francisco, California - Great American Music Hall, Biafra Five-O, a show for Jello Biafra's 50th birthday
- knee surgery prior to these shows guaranteed I would be on crutches, hobbling around the city, on both nights...had a blast!

July 18, 2008 San Francisco, CA - Slim's w/ Big Business
- first NWB show

November 26, 2008 San Diego, CA - Cane's w/ Big Business
- rescheduled show from a canceled date earlier in the year

November 28, 2008 Los Angeles, CA - Troubadour w/ Big Business
- black friday, drove up and back from SD after working a twelve hour shift

December 27, 2008 San Francisco, CA - Great American Music Hall w/ The Lewd
- Melvins holiday show in the city. epic set starting with Zodiac...included With Yo' Heart...ended with Night Goat with both Jared and Trevor

August 7, 2009 - San Jose, CA - The Blank Club
- two sets of Melvins...started with a sound check that included With Teeth and Smiling Cobra

August 16, 2009 - San Diego, CA - House Of Blues w/ Down
- got drunk, showed up, continued to get absolutely wasted, watched the Melvins play, left, and got even more drunk

October 17, 2009 - San Diego, CA - Canes w/ Butthole Surfers
- tour with BHS, girlfriend (not me) got to meet Buzz before the show and got a picture with him

January 2, 2010 - San Francisco, CA - Great American Music Hall
- took her mom to see her first Melvins show...they also played Hung Bunny and Roman Bird Dog

June 1, 2010 - San Diego, CA - The Casbah w/ Totimoshi
- TBSM show...too fucking sick to describe...too many great songs...highlights included: Black Stooges, HB/RDB, AMAZON, Skin Horse, The Water Glass, Lovely Butterflies...the list goes on

July 9, 2010 - San Jose, CA - Blank Club w/ Totimoshi
- had no ticket for this sold out show...just showed up early and waited...and waited...and then I got in!
Waaahhh! You must be very happy! You saw Jelvins with The Dicks and Zolar-X! That'll never happen to me, although its the sort of thing I dream about. And you took your mother-in-law to a show. That's not the sort of thing I dream of but its impressive nonetheless! I think I need to spend a month in California.

gesundheit

It would need to be a well-timed month in California...keep in mind, a lot of these shows required lots and lots of driving, but never more than like 9 hours.

Her mom is young and is into the heavy shit. She used to go see the Ozzfest shows by herself. Huge fan of bands like Sabbath, White Zombie, Zepp...etc.

jonE5

Quote from: gesundheit on August 31, 2010, 10:48:00 AM
It would need to be a well-timed month in California...keep in mind, a lot of these shows required lots and lots of driving, but never more than like 9 hours.

Her mom is young and is into the heavy shit. She used to go see the Ozzfest shows by herself. Huge fan of bands like Sabbath, White Zombie, Zepp...etc.

What did her mom think of Melvins? Compared to her more conventional 'Heavy' music.....

.....I think I need to move back to California.

FartLips

I miss Cali too. In the month and a half I lived there, there was 4 shows in one week and all within a 2 hour driving distance.

As for shows just the important one.
March 30 1990 the cannery, Nashville  melvins w/ f.u.c.t.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

SxPxDxCx

The first time was when they toured with Primus.  When was that 93 or 94?
Pretty much ever tour since then that has come through Colorado.  15+ times for sure

gesundheit

Quote from: jonE5 on August 31, 2010, 11:01:57 AM
What did her mom think of Melvins? Compared to her more conventional 'Heavy' music...

If the amount of headbanging she did was any reflection than she absolutely loved it...

She had some words to say about certain songs being too short and others being too clashing...like how they can get into a groove and then whisk you away to another awesome part...but to her it was more like she was getting tugged out of the jam. Just not used to them...yet.

LebRon Maiden

glen

Quote from: LebRon Maiden on August 31, 2010, 11:54:35 AM
MOMS DO NOT BELONG AT MELVINS SHOWS!

I know a few MOTHERS who have been to MELVINS shows.   does that count?
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

jonE5

Took my wife with me to see them in '08. For the NWB tour. She's a mother of two.  She listens to mostly hardcore and metal

jules

glen

I was thinking Melvins Even Like Fucking.

err something.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

didlisquat

22 times since '93

got to see them three times in one weekend

one free show at a record store and two other shows in Chicago

easily the band i've seen the most

i've missed a few of the more recent shows though
when man's only distant relative
has descended on his own
you will know