Melvins song featured on HBO's 'True Detective' Series

Started by deatheats, February 06, 2014, 02:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brentabousko

that episode was insane! loving the series.

'True Detective' Recap: Blaze of Glory
Why tonight's grim, glorious gunfight was exactly what this series needed

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/true-detective-recap-blaze-of-glory-20140209
true men don't kill coyotes

Hot Pants

just watched last nights ep and was surprised to hear it. it did take me out of the moment a bit though.

it wasnt during a strip scene, it was at a biker bar. there happened to be some stippers there, but they werent the focus pf the scene.

great ep. love this show.

Quote from: jacques on February 09, 2014, 10:51:13 PM
Great song but historically inaccurate considering the setting of the show is in 1995 and the song played, A History Of Bad Men, wasn't released until 2006.

didnt even think about that until you pointed it out actually. but yeah.

the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

Helen83

My wife & I got Netflix recently so she's been reliving her Dawson Creek gayness.....anyway she sent me a photo the other day while I was at work....the photo is of a scene at some bar in Dawson's Creek that features a Melvins sticker on the wall. It's the Stag logo type font.

It's official.....Melvins is gay.

rictus

Quote from: Helen83 on February 13, 2014, 08:24:19 AM
My wife & I got Netflix recently so she's been reliving her Dawson Creek gayness.....anyway she sent me a photo the other day while I was at work....the photo is of a scene at some bar in Dawson's Creek that features a Melvins sticker on the wall. It's the Stag logo type font.

It's official.....Melvins is gay.

Yeah, Stallion posted a pic awhile back. He's a fan same as your 'wife'.

jonE5

Just ripped through the first 4 episodes over the last week.

Fantastic show so far. I laughed when the Melvins song appeared and yes there was a Stripper in the scene  :lol:

I also thought that episode was weaker than the few before it.. Go figure  :?

Really really good show so far though..

meezer

Lol! Dawson's Creek! "You wouldn't last a day on the W.B.!".
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

rimb

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Hot Pants

Quote from: rimb on February 16, 2014, 04:59:33 PM
Apparently The Brain Center at Whipples was also in last week's episode - http://www.hbo.com/true-detective#/true-detective/episodes/1/04-who-goes-there/music.html

Anyone catch the scene?

no. maybe it was edited out? unless I was very engrossed I think I would have caught that right away. (it is a great show though, so maybe!)
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

meezer

I still need to catch up on this show. I've seen snipets of it, when my wife is watching it. What I've seen is pretty captivating. I heard Mark Schlereth on ESPN Radio talking about how the show will have a different cast every season. Anyone else hear anything about this? I trust Melvins Fans more than former NFL Players. Sorry Mark.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

ZILLA

The show is amazing and it is a mini-series, meaning the story will wrap up at the end. There are plans to do a season 2 which would have new cast and characters.
########################################################################################################

brentabousko

true men don't kill coyotes

deatheats

Just watched the first two episodes last night.  Great show...I'm already hooked.

(the) Razor

How insane was the 6 minute shot in the house? One of the best shots ever in TV history.

Did they slow down a History of Bad Men or something? Sounded slower?
Don't click this

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: meezer on February 18, 2014, 06:48:02 AM
I still need to catch up on this show. I've seen snipets of it, when my wife is watching it. What I've seen is pretty captivating. I heard Mark Schlereth on ESPN Radio talking about how the show will have a different cast every season. Anyone else hear anything about this? I trust Melvins Fans more than former NFL Players. Sorry Mark.

It's using an anthology format, similar to a show like.. American Horror Story.

Quote from: (the) Razor on February 19, 2014, 03:37:41 PM

Did they slow down a History of Bad Men or something? Sounded slower?
Yah, it did sound slower.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus