Another new Buzz guitar from EGC

Started by Idlehanz, January 17, 2014, 10:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vince furnier

you guys don't think a mountain of Orange amps skew the results of comparing two phone videos? i'll also add one rig rundown, J Mascis from Dinosaur Jr emphasized the importance of running your amps on as clean a tone as possible so as to not clash with the tone from your favorite distortion, overdrive or fuzz pedals. conversely, the guitarist from Clutch said he only gets his tone from his Orange amps, absolutely no pedals involved. my point being, tone comes from every part of the signal chain.
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

joelk

No I agree with your point. I said as much above there. You're right about that for sure.

backstard

tone comes from retards arguing on message boards

joelk

:lol: yeah that's true too. Tone is an essentially retarded conversation.

vince furnier

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

PepsiMike

Quote from: backstard on October 05, 2023, 09:29:41 AM
I've got to wonder why "backstard" even sticks around a fan forum just to continually shit on others

glen

Quote from: PepsiMike on October 05, 2023, 12:06:05 PM
I've got to wonder why "backstard" even sticks around a fan forum just to continually shit on others

I know a similar scenario.

PS:  I don't care what anyone says.   the Les Paul rules forever and ever. 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

John Schuller

THIS!

Hahaha!

I am borrowing a friends EGC Plexi body right now. Here is what I think - it fucking weighs a TON! It makes a Les Paul feel like an SG when it comes to weight. The neck takes some getting used to, but once you do get used to it, it makes my Les Paul feel like it has a baseball bat for a neck. The EGC necks are THIN - once I got used to it, I really fell in love. But because of the weight of the guitar and the fact that I cannot afford one right now, I decided I better just stick with my Les Paul and SG. So I quit playing it because again, that neck is something else once you get used to it.

I love that you do not really have to set up the guitar other than intonation. Indestructable.

The tone is brighter than I am used to - but is real nice and can be dialed in the way you like with a good amp, good pedals.

If they were lighter and I was willing to give up my Les Paul and SG - I would totally love one, or two. Plexi body with the classic double cut away Les Paul style body and then the same but all Chrome.

joelk

spliff(TONE)

Quote from: black stallion on October 03, 2023, 01:21:45 PM
Quote from: backstard on October 03, 2023, 01:11:00 PM
You're comparing YouTube videos from two different people at two different shows. Good job.

so you think the sound is different because of the videos?good job  :)

The fact that you think the audio from two separate video sources (likely mobile phones, making this even more moot) taken at two different venues is an even measuring stick shows me that you either don't know what you are talking about or are simply being stubborn to prove your "point".

spliff(TONE)

Quote from: joelk on October 03, 2023, 08:54:38 PM
Stallions right. The Les Paul is a better instrument. Just facts. Buzz is probably at the point where hearing loss makes it six of one half a dozen yada yada. Plus the egc necks are easier and the instrument is lighter. I don't blame him.  But those guitars are lame AF. Look stupid too.

That said, Buzzo still wails and makes magic with whatever guitar he plays. It's all essentially negligible. He can play whatever he likes.

They're both high-end instruments that cost thousands of dollars. One is mass produced, while the other is the exact opposite of mass produced. We all have preferences but pretending like this is an open and shut case because a couple guys on a BBS say so is a bit absurd.

As a guitarist and huge Melvins fan who has seen them dozens of times over the last three decades, I'd say that they're both excellent instruments (and don't really care which one King Buzzo chooses to use live or in the studio).

spliff(TONE)

Quote from: vince furnier on October 04, 2023, 08:03:47 AM
he's on record saying that he doesn't get guitars for free from ECG. also told at least one rig rundown video they aren't lighter than an LP.  :lol:

you guys seem to miss the idea that the bands sound changed and guitar tone can come from other places than just the guitar.

Bingo!

spliff(TONE)

Quote from: vince furnier on October 04, 2023, 10:57:47 PM
you guys don't think a mountain of Orange amps skew the results of comparing two phone videos? i'll also add one rig rundown, J Mascis from Dinosaur Jr emphasized the importance of running your amps on as clean a tone as possible so as to not clash with the tone from your favorite distortion, overdrive or fuzz pedals. conversely, the guitarist from Cloutch said he only gets his tone from his Orange amps, absolutely no pedals involved. my point being, tone comes from every part of the signal chain.

Tone also comes from the guitarist. Two different guitar players using the exact same equipment might sound quite different.

black stallion

it's not that difficult to understand that my opinion was based not on the two videos i shared but on the live sound Buzz got over the years, which changed a lot, in a bad or better way it depends on personal tastes obviously . with this said ,i didn't mean to disappoint  the many fanboys over here  :)
Charmicarmicat:Bastards