Melvins/Fant

Started by Goldi, July 17, 2003, 10:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldi

Well, I really like to listen to the monsterwork cd, but I'm just wondering why they didn't take the whole concert on the disc. It's just about 40 minutes of the show, too short, and I would say they have put more Fant

noctrun

well, after listening to the entire show I was like why the hell did the put 'the omen' on it, I really missed mike patton say "fred durst has left the building" during on of the songs
Mark T.

Goldi

Yeah, I believe the setlist was about 32 Songs, on the cd just 18!!!

But what I reelly hate on Mr. Patton is: On every Melvins song he has to cry or make noise, so he really "destroy" them. But he also destroy own songs (Tomahawk), like playing many songs live just with effects and stuff... Other than on the album...

Anonymous

i'm pretty sure buzz said he was in charge of putting that album together

mantra

Quote from: Anonymousi'm pretty sure buzz said he was in charge of putting that album together

Yea, I heard that also.

buckowens

i'm more pissed about how they didn't mix it. you can barely hear the bass. every single live album the melvins have put out (except your choice) sounds like shit.

they have the full concert on bunglefever, i think.

Beto Brasil

good show with some new versions of the melvins songs, Hooch is my favor,well, have somebody recorded this in video?let me know.
Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm

TheSpankDaddy

where on bunglefever is fantomas/melvins??

P.S. Mr Bungle are class...

Goldi

Quote from: mantra
Quote from: Anonymousi'm pretty sure buzz said he was in charge of putting that album together

Yea, I heard that also.

That's possibel, because the artwork was made by Mackie O. and normaly the artwork for fant

Goldi

What is currently up with the Melvins?:

"We're starting to record our new album on December first, which means we'll start touring again in the spring when it comes. We have a new Fantomas/Melvins live album coming out, I'm not sure of the exact date, February sounds reasonable to me. What it is, is a Fantomas/Melvins live thing that we did last New Year's Eve. I put together a 45-minute record out of the whole thing, without any of Mike's meddling, which is why this thing was able to come through, because Mike allowed me to do it on my own, as opposed to him doing it. It's a live to two-track recording, so there's not a lot of space for screwing around with it, I think it came out great. "We'll have that come out, Fantomas will probably record a new album, Mike has a bunch of material done, not in the near future but in the relatively new future. And the Melvins will have a new album and at some point we will re-release the Electroretard album, because Man's Ruin took a shit, probably with some extra tracks. Then we are going to re-release an old record of ours, the 10 Songs one off of C/Z. We're going to reissue that on Ipecac with some extra tracks and repackaged. Hey, did you go to the Toronto Fantomas show?

turnacuss

Also its Melvins+Fantomas, not the other way around.

GrimReaper

I broke out this c/d yesterday and Mike Patton's screaming started to annoy the fuck out of me. I was literally embarassed for the Melvins.

I'm going to download some Fantomas off the net to get a good reference, but i'm curious about others opinions of Fantomas and the Bigband c/d.

THE BRAIN CENTRE

I defintley agree with you about Pattons screaming it really bollocks that cd up. I also hate the way the melvins songs take the back seat ti the fantomas songs and they are also cut short.

huber

the bigband idea seems to work okay on the fantomas tracks, sounds good. mike's singing doesn't sound that great on melvins ones, i would have prefered him use the racks of gear to make some noise to colour things a bit.. the recording itself sounds good though..

BuzzBorn

I think it is great and listen to it a fair bit