Buzz interview

Started by ))))((((, October 09, 2021, 08:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

I need to check this Miles Davis album now
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Nizamark

if y'all are into/want to get into live miles from his dirtiest era....  this ambitious mfer is posting every live miles tape from 1969 to 1975 in chronological order:

https://theheatwarps.com/

i've been obsessed lately. some really incredible stuff there.

John Schuller

Quote from: Nizamark on March 10, 2022, 03:25:10 PM
if y'all are into/want to get into live miles from his dirtiest era....  this ambitious mfer is posting every live miles tape from 1969 to 1975 in chronological order:

https://theheatwarps.com/

i've been obsessed lately. some really incredible stuff there.

Oh shit! This looks awesome. Thank you for sharing.

In my world electric Miles is my religious music.

Oscar

Quote from: PepsiMike on March 08, 2022, 01:09:58 PM
Buzz:
QuoteI want to make heavy metal that sounds like Dark Magus; that sounds like The Who Sell Out. Add a jungle rock, garage rock element to it. I wanna add John Spencer and Judas Priest. I want it all at once. Pure noise. The Beatles crossed with Throbbing Gristle.

This would be awesome! Please Buzz do it!

Agreed, but I'm afraid Buzz thinks he is already making the music he's describing.

Also totally agree with everything that's been said about Electric Miles. I'm very happy that On The Corner is such a strong influence on the band. Flawless album.

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: Oscar on March 12, 2022, 01:38:57 PM
Also totally agree with everything that's been said about Electric Miles. I'm very happy that On The Corner is such a strong influence on the band. Flawless album.
Have you heard the Complete On The Corner Sessions box set from like 10-12 yrs ago? It's amazing, best studio box set ever. IMO OTC could have been an epic double album. There's so much great source material that didn't make the cut by Teo/Miles. Some stuff ended up on Get Up With It & Big Fun.
Even in Miles autobio he stated he wasn't happy with the way it was marketed, and was super-pissed that Herbie Hancock's Headhunters album blew it away sales-wise.

black stallion

Oscar

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on March 12, 2022, 04:31:52 PM
Have you heard the Complete On The Corner Sessions box set from like 10-12 yrs ago? It's amazing, best studio box set ever. IMO OTC could have been an epic double album. There's so much great source material that didn't make the cut by Teo/Miles. Some stuff ended up on Get Up With It & Big Fun.
Even in Miles autobio he stated he wasn't happy with the way it was marketed, and was super-pissed that Herbie Hancock's Headhunters album blew it away sales-wise.

Yup, that box set is incredible too. I think it's surpassed only by the complete In A Silent Way sessions (I'm biased because that's quite possibly my all time favourite album by anyone ever)

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on March 12, 2022, 04:31:52 PM

I love me some Miles Davis, but Headhunters is a great album too. I'm not surprised it sold well.

Quote from: Bigval on March 09, 2022, 07:26:49 PM
Not sure the Melvins were an influence on Soundgarden they started around the same time and in different cities and Melvins were a covers band initially too.

On Lanegan I read he caught Covid last year and it fucked him up badly he was in hospital for a long time and nearly died or something doesn't mean he didn't end up dying of an OD or something but I was under the impression he had been clean for some time and it would be fair to assume he was still fucked from Covid.
I read somewhere that Buzz showed Kim Drop D tuning. If that's true, I'd say that had some influence on Soundgarden.

vince furnier

Quote from: 119 on March 12, 2022, 10:38:20 PM
Quote from: Bigval on March 09, 2022, 07:26:49 PM
Not sure the Melvins were an influence on Soundgarden they started around the same time and in different cities and Melvins were a covers band initially too.

On Lanegan I read he caught Covid last year and it fucked him up badly he was in hospital for a long time and nearly died or something doesn't mean he didn't end up dying of an OD or something but I was under the impression he had been clean for some time and it would be fair to assume he was still fucked from Covid.
I read somewhere that Buzz showed Kim Drop D tuning. If that's true, I'd say that had some influence on Soundgarden.
i remember Kim laughing with an interviewer about Jerry from AIC asking him how his riffs sound so low and he really didn't know about drop tunings till Kim showed him.  :D
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

black stallion

linoleum blownapart

He's right about the DH.  I hate that shit, always have.  When they moved the L'Astros from the NL to the AL, that was the worse thing ever.
thrower of the bong water balloons

vince furnier

Quote from: linoleum blownapart on April 08, 2022, 01:47:35 PM
He's right about the DH.  I hate that shit, always have.  When they moved the L'Astros from the NL to the AL, that was the worse thing ever.
its coming to both leagues. there's no turning back on that one. i think eventually it'll be an offense and defense on each team, like football. possibly even special teams!  :lol: :facepalm:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

GrimReaper

MLB is trying to put out the best product they can for the consumer.

In the American League pitchers concentrate on pitching, the DH concentrates on hitting. The fans want to see the best pitching and best hitting for their money.

In the National League a guy that can hit well has to be put somewhere on the field to be eligible to hit. The fans don't want to see a guy in Left field that they know will make an error every time a ball is hit to them. They don't want to see a pitcher that can't hit come to the plate.

National League fans want a player that can hit/pitch or hit/field.

Both are good points. Interleague play allows both scenarios to be witnessed. It's OK to like AL or NL rules and complain about the opposite.

An old guy that can still hit can be put to use in the AL. Edgar Martinez is my point of reference for this.

dead mike

Quote from: black stallion on April 08, 2022, 02:07:20 AM
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/melvins-king-buzzo-baseball-rules/
Never understood Buzz's fascination with this trash non-sport. Any sport that doesn't respect the spectators' time isn't worth a damn, IMO. You'd think a busy guy like Buzz would appreciate that.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres