Mark Deutrom Patreon Subscription

Started by jules, March 01, 2023, 01:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoryCory

Just watched that vid recently. Mark's got a lot of great stories. I definitely want to see this as a running series

))))((((

John Schuller

I love this shit! He just posted some really cool Lorax related stuff on his Patreon.

I will say it again, if you are a Melvins fan and not on his Patreon you are missing out.

CoryCory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb2zHTvhwCk

Great stories and insights into some of the tricks behind some of the tracks. Hard agree that "The Bit" should have been the lead single on Stag.

John Schuller

Mark D just posted a killer track on his Patreon today. Fuck this guy rips on guitar.

the bloat

John Schuller

Quote from: the bloat on June 30, 2023, 11:39:44 PM
That Stag video was fucking cool

Learning so much about the albums! I love this.

black stallion

wonder if Buzz knows that Mark is doing this
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

And it's only the first half too! More to come! It surprised me that he had the AmRep vinyl and made me laugh that he had #4 since he was the fourth bassist.

CoryCory

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 01, 2023, 04:02:00 AM
And it's only the first half too! More to come! It surprised me that he had the AmRep vinyl and made me laugh that he had #4 since he was the fourth bassist.

I didn't even notice the #4 of the vinyl, that's a nice touch! Wonder if Haze intentionally did that or just a wild coincidence?

John Schuller

Quote from: black stallion on July 01, 2023, 03:45:23 AM
wonder if Buzz knows that Mark is doing this

Good question - I hope so, it doesn't seem like things ended all that great with all of them, hence "The Silent Treatment". As a fan of both artists, I would love someday for their to be a reconciliation - but, I also know that stuff sometimes is beyond that.

I went back and listened to the first half of Stag this morning - what an epic masterpiece - and having these new insights from Mark is great.

I would love to see the same kind of thing with all of the members of the Melvins!

black stallion

besides songs, i think what makes both Stag (and Stoner Witch) two masterpieces is the production.compared to those albums Toshi's recordings (especially recent) sound as demos
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

John Schuller

Quote from: black stallion on July 01, 2023, 04:16:23 PM
besides songs, i think what makes both Stag (and Stoner Witch) two masterpieces is the production.compared to those albums Toshi's recordings (especially recent) sound as demos

The overall sound of those two albums is insane.

GiveMe45

All of the Atlantic albums had amazing and really good mix of sound.  Back in 2018 I ate some shroooooms for the first and only time in many many years.  I laid in my bed and listened to Stag and it was my modern day version of what all them darn hippies did in the 60s.  Was such a fun roller coaster ride!  I can't wait to watch this one.  Kinda too bad these stories couldn't have been part of the COD documentary but I'm really glad he's doing these.

John Schuller

Quote from: GiveMe45 on July 01, 2023, 07:18:13 PM
All of the Atlantic albums had amazing and really good mix of sound.  Back in 2018 I ate some shroooooms for the first and only time in many many years.  I laid in my bed and listened to Stag and it was my modern day version of what all them darn hippies did in the 60s.  Was such a fun roller coaster ride!  I can't wait to watch this one.  Kinda too bad these stories couldn't have been part of the COD documentary but I'm really glad he's doing these.

What a great story! Shroomin' to Stag! I used to listen to a lot of Lysol on Weed and LSD in my early twenties - but Stag on Shrooms seems like a magical combo!