(the) Melvins - Tarantula Heart

Started by rimb, February 06, 2024, 04:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glen

Quote from: laptop sorcery on February 07, 2024, 02:28:12 AM
Quote from: the bloat on February 06, 2024, 11:57:39 AM
Release date was so close to 4/20....
:toke: :toke: lol

Pinkus abortion technician came out on 4/20.   just sayin I remember that. ..surprisingly. 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

amazonAMAZON

I'm just happy to hear dual drumming on a Melvins record again. Even if it's on improvised grooves.

The song is cool. Wonder if any of the rest of it will be more hooky or upbeat. I wouldn't mind a full record of this, though. We'll see.

For a dude who loves film so much, I'm amazed that the Melvins have never really knocked it out of the park with a music video. It's not bad, a little on-the-nose as someone else mentioned. Not much to really watch happen in six minutes.

))))((((

The final track on the album 'Smiler' keeps making me think of the rollercoaster ride of the same name at Alton Towers over here which had a high profile accident in 2015. I hope it's not about that.

Nizamark

rod stewart did covers album in the 70s called smiler. that's the first thing i thought of.

))))((((

Is Gary Chester on Working The Ditch? I can hear some guitar noise under the main song but i'm not very familiar with his playing so i don't know if it's all Buzz in this one or not.

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: crushr24 on February 06, 2024, 06:53:27 PM
King Buzzo rips off AI.  That's so punk rock!

Not really. It's called xenochrony. AI is the modern lazy version of it.  Zappa basically started this, and perfected it on albums like One Size Fits All and Sheik Yerbouti. I think it's awesome that Buzz is constructing a Melvins album using this approach.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenochrony

amazonAMAZON

Love this about Ipecac. The album is available on Bandcamp in CD and black vinyl plus the limited green variant for only $1 more. That's a no brainer. This record has a single Melvins song with dual drums at 19 minutes. Perfect one side of an LP. So I ordered the green plus CD and came out right around $50 with shipping. https://melvinsofficial.bandcamp.com/album/tarantula-heart

rimb

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on February 07, 2024, 11:33:17 PM
Love this about Ipecac. The album is available on Bandcamp in CD and black vinyl plus the limited green variant for only $1 more. That's a no brainer. This record has a single Melvins song with dual drums at 19 minutes. Perfect one side of an LP. So I ordered the green plus CD and came out right around $50 with shipping. https://melvinsofficial.bandcamp.com/album/tarantula-heart

$41.75 USD for shipping to Australia....

:microwave:

POOP GRENADE

Preordered.  Hoping for detailed liner notes about who is playing on each track. 

amazonAMAZON

I doubt there will be detailed liner notes. I think it's more like Hold It In in that there pictures of each participant and it's up to the listener to try to figure out who is who on each song. The 12 page booklet is likely  two giant black and white photos and eight pages of cute-but-violent totems. Just my cynical bet.

))))((((

Is anyone else looking at the title of 'Working The Ditch' and instead keep thinking 'Working With God' or 'Working The Bitch'??

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: POOP GRENADE on February 08, 2024, 09:28:01 AM
Preordered.  Hoping for detailed liner notes about who is playing on each track.

That's never the case with Melvins albums that have guests(see Pigs Of The Roman Empire, Love/Death). The booklet will be full on Mackie Art with names of who's involved and that's it.

vince furnier

just checking out the Walking with Love & Death musique concrete soundtrack for the first time in years wondering..... "is that Joey Santiago on guitar? maybe it's this one?"  #-o ](*,)
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

Colonel Cheese

))))((((

I could be very wrong, but i have a positive feeling about this album. I have a sense it might be one of their recent best ones. I certainly hope so anyway.