Melvins 1983 Mullet

Started by Tobias, September 06, 2020, 08:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on November 23, 2020, 09:07:33 PM
I would LOVE for any of that Cynthia Massey stuff to come out. Maybe it was just a single song session but I have a hard time believing they didn't at least sound check a few tunes.
I always keep thinking back to that too! Just to hear the uniqueness of that situation.

rimb

I would LOVE for any of that Cynthia Massey stuff to come out. Maybe it was just a single song session but I have a hard time believing they didn't at least sound check a few tunes.

Sylvia Massey?

https://mixwiththemasters.com/news/recording-band-sylvia-massy-melvins-1

black stallion

Quote from: dirtmerchant on November 23, 2020, 08:52:03 PM
I love the material but I agree the production is a little off. Caddy daddy sounds muffled. The past few albums have had weird production with the shitkid collab being the worst. I know it's just an EP but it sounds terrible. I remember an interview with buzz where he said something like " we didn't spend much time on it, we don't overthink things anymore " etc. I'm paraphrasing. But it's like yea, sounds like you just went in, in a day and shit it out. I like a lot of the stuff they've done with Toshi but it wouldn't kill em to step out and work with someone else every now and then. I read buzz said he'd like to work with joe barresi again. Stoner witch is one of their best sounding albums. I know we get a lot more material with then using toshi and their own studio but maybe one day they will step out of their comfort zone.

totally agree on everything you said
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

amazonAMAZON

blewis

Quote from: rimb on November 23, 2020, 10:10:18 PM

Sylvia Massey?

https://mixwiththemasters.com/news/recording-band-sylvia-massy-melvins-1

Is there more to this story? Does anyone know if/when this will be released? Sylvia's Wiki says they records a single:
"From the Heart / Not a Leech" - 2017
I'd love to know more.
The one and only....

jules

1st Factory edition up in a minute.....only $25.

GiveMe45

Quote from: jules on December 20, 2020, 11:59:49 AM
1st Factory edition up in a minute.....only $25.
Couple minutes?

GiveMe45

Why isn't it in the Brand Spankin New section?

jules

Quote from: GiveMe45 on December 20, 2020, 12:05:56 PM
Why isn't it in the Brand Spankin New section?
They're giving us a head start.

(or Rob's drunk)

von grip

Kept refreshing the 'BRAND SPANKIN NEW' section like always but it was actually under the 'AMREP' section  :? Any-who I snagged one but ive so many Q's lol -is that where we can expect new releases to show up from now on? And does anyone think  itll be up all day, being that it's in a diff section of the website ?

https://www.shoxop.com/collections/amphetamine-reptile
"im ol' south!"

buddy holiday

happens from time to time. i always check the frontpage the brandspanking new and search by keyword    :lol:

moose

Anybody find any "leftovers"?
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

buddy holiday

Quote from: moose on December 20, 2020, 12:12:37 PM
Anybody find any "leftovers"?
mudhoney split... nothing else i could see...