A Senile Animal, Nude with Boots, and The Bride reissues

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, April 28, 2021, 01:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mispress aside (I have one of the affected copies), has anyone else noticed that amongst the kind words from Buzzo about the Big Biz boys, he spells Jared's name wrong ('Jarod') several times in the booklet?

moose

Quote from: 117 on June 28, 2021, 08:01:30 AM
Mispress aside (I have one of the affected copies), has anyone else noticed that amongst the kind words from Buzzo about the Big Biz boys, he spells Jared's name wrong ('Jarod') several times in the booklet?
I did notice that. Ironically, he spelled Coadys name correctly.
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

I just read TBSM booklet and he does it in there too, although at the very end he gets it right at least.

))))((((

anyone else noticed that amongst the kind words from Buzzo about the Big Biz boys
By this am i to take it that these re-releases have additional text and thoughts inside from Buzz? If so, could someone please scan/photograph them for here? I'd love to read something like that.

GrimReaper

Keep the original release with the mistake. In a few years you will be OG and this pressing will command max $!

How much is an original Lysol going for these days? or Nevermind cd without the hidden song at the end?

dead mike

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 28, 2021, 10:30:58 AM
anyone else noticed that amongst the kind words from Buzzo about the Big Biz boys
By this am i to take it that these re-releases have additional text and thoughts inside from Buzz? If so, could someone please scan/photograph them for here? I'd love to read something like that.
Guy who throws away sleeves and liner notes of all his albums suddenly wants to look ones from this release.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

amazonAMAZON

Wish I still had some of the original longboxes from the introduction of CDs. I recall the original Cypress Hill being a full length design. https://www.discogs.com/Cypress-Hill-Cypress-Hill/release/13974642

Just reminds me there was a time when I didn't keep everything from the package. (Compare to today: I have a tin full of retail stickers still attached to excised bits of cellophane from CDs. "featuring members of The Melvins, Le Butcherettes, The Mars Volta")

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 28, 2021, 10:30:58 AM

Yeah, someone please scan the new liner notes to NWB. That's the only one I didn't buy, since my original was acceptable. He doesn't say much in the BSM notes, other than people thought it was too weird, he says not weird enough, and the engineer was an idiot, some miserable ex-'80s rocker.

aSA liner notes just re-iterate the massive re-start the band took after Kevin's demise, and much praise of Jared & Coady.

Maybe I'll keep my copy after all. It's not like I'm hurting to get that $20 back. Will probably buy a fixed copy again later this year.
Yeah, what's with the f'd up spelling of Jared's name? Kinda like Osborne or Osbourne?  Is it a stupid A-Rod(the retired Yankee) reference, maybe Buzz used to call Jared Ja-Rod?

amazonAMAZON

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on June 28, 2021, 05:12:29 PM
Yeah, what's with the f'd up spelling of Jared's name? Kinda like Osborne or Osbourne?  Is it a stupid A-Rod(the retired Yankee) reference, maybe Buzz used to call Jared Ja-Rod?

Very likely, but other Buzz liner notes have been riddled with grammatical mistakes and typos. I don't think they've ever had an effective proofreading process.

#2 Pencil

Quote from: #2 Pencil on June 25, 2021, 04:54:20 PM
On Discogs reviews have it ipecac is aware and will replace the records (in December 🤦‍♂️). It appears to be the first 1000 pressed and includes the limited blue/splatter. Someone there says it also seems to be Amazon UK shipments, not sure on this though. I have blue asa coming from jb here in aus with red nwb and bsm also. If they're fucked up, I'll let you know.

I can confirm the pressing sold in JB Australia are fucked also.
My guess is the whole pressing. I cannot confirm anyone yet to have one with the correct track listing.
I heard their periods attract bears

neutral knieval

you dont have to change the stampers for a color change. unless there were different pressing plants used theres a good chance every copy is affected.

#2 Pencil

I do realise this, but was just taking into account that Ipecac said it only affected 1000. And also it was mentioned that it was Amazon UK shipments mostly (not sure who said this officially, but that is on Discogs).
As also mentioned here with someone having a warped copy, while my copy is not warped, the discs themselves have crap all over them and in the sleeve from the end trimming.

#2 Pencil

Personally I think Ipecac have approached this all wrong. Rather than trying to sugar coat it with the collectors baseball card analogy, why not just repress the 1st disc correctly. It don't really matter what colour it is or even make it a lucky dip. You just have to contact them so they can ship it out or do it through your place of purchase. I think that would impact their bottom line better. Either way they look at it, it's their fuck up, so they will lose money because of that. Just stem the bleeding.

#2 Pencil

This is true D, but the cover has 2020 on it. Preorders also went out very early also. And I work in manufacturing. Not only would Ipecac have got a print proof to sign off on, they would have also been given a test pressing and even a master used for the stampers. They, plus the small manufacturing company and countless others, all still missed it. They also randomly pull out discs for spot checks. Every time things like this happen, the finger gets pointed. The creative print team, oh we just made sure the colours were correct, the production, we just made sure the discs had no visible defects. Sorry buddy, where I work I always cop it. Whoever is responsible for QC at Ipecac, and in charge of the project is to blame. And to press 3500. Well that's just embarrassing. And now to be only able to fix it by approx Dec. that's incompetence.

They didn't get the track listing wrong. They put the last track as track 2. Then track 2 as track 3. How do you do that? Did they even supply A Civilized Worm? This again comes back to incompetence at Ipecac's end. So sorry but it all points back to them. I would also put my money on the pressing/manufacturing plant can also prove this like my company does when this happens and they point at me.

#2 Pencil

I would also suspect Ipecac picked it up when a small batch of samples were shipped to the label. All manufactures send a sample batch of the product to the company and production manager as part of the production. By then it was too late.