A Senile Animal, Nude with Boots, and The Bride reissues

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, April 28, 2021, 01:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benjamin Way

Was the ASA supposed to come with a booklet? Mine didn't.

PepsiMike

Quote from: Benjamin Way on June 30, 2021, 08:50:33 PM
Was the ASA supposed to come with a booklet? Mine didn't.
Yes, contact ipecac to get your booklet.

Chief Ten Beers

What gets me is there are Hydrahead test pressings out there. Somebody in the Melvins/Ipecac camp has to have one. Why didn't they use it? How did this track order get fucked up w/ CW missing and VFP as track two? Maybe looking to much into this as a  conspiracy theory, but makes me think Ipecac could be doing vinyl releases all along cut off of wave files, and maybe this fuckup just came off an email that was errored or an out of order track list.
Kind of ironic in all this that Buzz doesn't have a turntable, and is not a vinyl enthusiast. :lol:

moose

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on July 01, 2021, 06:33:32 PM

Kind of ironic in all this that Buzz doesn't have a turntable, and is not a vinyl enthusiast. :lol:
Given Buzz's hands on approach to everything Melvins, I can see this going to him to sign off on and having no way to play it!
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

Benjamin Way

#2 Pencil

What gets me is there are Hydrahead test pressings out there. Somebody in the Melvins/Ipecac camp has to have one. Why didn't they use it? How did this track order get fucked up w/ CW missing and VFP as track two? Maybe looking to much into this as a  conspiracy theory, but makes me think Ipecac could be doing vinyl releases all along cut off of wave files, and maybe this fuckup just came off an email that was errored or an out of order track list.

No conspiracy, but a typical rookie mistake.
My guess is the tracks were sent as digital files. Numbered 1 2 3 4 5. If you don't put it as 01 02 03 etc. your pc will put the order as 1 10 2 3 4.
I heard their periods attract bears

Stonergrunge

Quote from: #2 Pencil on July 02, 2021, 01:27:01 AM

No conspiracy, but a typical rookie mistake.
My guess is the tracks were sent as digital files. Numbered 1 2 3 4 5. If you don't put it as 01 02 03 etc. your pc will put the order as 1 10 2 3 4.

Well, if that is the actual reason... Fuck, digital vinyl is quite a controversial topic, most people hate them but nowadays it's almost impossible to determine if today releases are digital, analog or both.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Chief Ten Beers

Remember in the '80s/'90s when all CDs had a 3 letter statement on the back cover - AAD, ADD, or DDD? I wish vinyl releases would spell out the source, but they don't because A- most kids don't care, and B - most vinyl purists would avoid buying an overpriced digital LP if it came with a "warning".

I like with some of the recent Zappa reissues/vault releases, that they actually went direct from analog tapes to vinyl, when they could have done it the easy/cheap way. I'm thinking of Weasels Ripped My Flesh, & Finer Moments. And then you have a band like Shellac, where they take pride in the way they do vinyl, the real way.

#2 Pencil

Id be surprised if analog masters still exist. There might a few in estates like Zappa you described, but vast majority probably don't exist anymore. Everything is getting mixed to 5.1 now in deluxe and super deluxe boxsets. And even those guys struggle to find all the original masters. If they do, then it's digitally captured at that point. It's probably destroyed after this. It's all digital now. Even then, how did the Melvins record this? Even if it was analog, it was more than likely digitally mixed and mastered. Even Jack White admits to doing it.
I heard their periods attract bears

vince furnier

i have an interview from the PHX New Times from this era where they talked about Toshi recording (A)SA to Pro Tools on 31 tracks. i'm pretty sure i've read that HAT was the first album recorded that way. also it's hard to imagine COD was recorded onstage onto tape unless it was ADAT.
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

Dumpster D

Quote from: #2 Pencil on July 04, 2021, 05:46:37 PM
Id be surprised if analog masters still exist.

About 15 years ago I knew a band who recorded on Half inch 16 track and sent those tapes off for an "analog" mastering, and from what I was told there are only one or two places in all of North America who can do an ALL analog mastering. I was also told that it was about 12 grand for a days work...the Vinyl they put out sounded like crap compared to the CD actually...it was a 12 Inch EP pressing so it had plenty of air at the end of Side and and B...the guitars and drums were totally in the dirt.  :lol:

>>>JZS<<<

My '(a)SA' is missing 'Civilized Worm'.
B & D sides are also a lil' off center,
just like my pink 'Gift Of Sacrifice'.

Chief Ten Beers

Ipecac should be out a free Civilized Worm 7" single. Proof of purchase of the fucked up aSA automatically gets one.

Colonel Cheese

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on July 07, 2021, 11:49:02 AM
Ipecac should be out a free Civilized Worm 7" single. Proof of purchase of the fucked up aSA automatically gets one.

Amen!!!

vince furnier

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on July 07, 2021, 11:49:02 AM

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery