The Melvins Classifieds: SALES, AUCTIONS, and TRADES.

Started by Idlehanz, February 21, 2008, 07:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yanayaya

Quote from: Godflesh on February 25, 2013, 10:42:16 AM
Now this is interesting  8)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Melvins-A-Senile-Animal-Vinyl-LP-Box-Set-Orange-Colored-Numbered-35-SEALED-OOP-/111018028926?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

I was just going to post this, but you beat me to it!!  I've been very pleased with my blue box edition.  It will be interesting to see how much this orange one fetches!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Al que está vivo todo le falta y al que está muerto todo le sobra.

Dan_Halen

RTK had a few of those up for $150 a few weeks back. Someone told me years ago they saw these at the merch table for $10 and the Blue Box for $20 that they were trying to get rid of. Wish I was at one of those shows. :shock:
Los ticka toe rest

Yanayaya

Quote from: Dan_Halen on February 25, 2013, 05:58:50 PM
RTK had a few of those up for $150 a few weeks back. Someone told me years ago they saw these at the merch table for $10 and the Blue Box for $20 that they were trying to get rid of. Wish I was at one of those shows. :shock:

RTK = ?  Gosh, somehow I find $10-20 hard to believe...

Yanayaya

Did anyone get an extra copy of Follow Me from the hepa/Titus Bandcamp?

jonE5

I guarantee that they were never sold at that price... Besides the Orange is very rare. Someone should grab it.  The Black vinyl makes the etchings really stand out. I think it looks the best.

jules

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on February 26, 2013, 03:28:38 PM
:evil:
:lol:

There's a story knocking about that Steven Spielberg's wife had one of these and she sold it to a second-hand record store. The story's here somewhere.

Dan_Halen

Quote from: jonE5 on February 26, 2013, 12:03:59 PM

I guarantee that they were never sold at that price... Besides the Orange is very rare. Someone should grab it.  The Black vinyl makes the etchings really stand out. I think it looks the best.

Reliable sources on the AmRep board were the ones that said the band was selling them at shows very cheap towards the end, trying to get rid of them.
Los ticka toe rest

bUTTHOLEmAN

I tend to agree.  I don't even think the orange sets (-1 to -30) were ever sold at shows.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

pinkyslim

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on February 26, 2013, 07:02:52 PM

I tend to agree.  I don't even think the orange sets (-1 to -30) were ever sold at shows.

the ORANGE box edition was sold exclusively via VACATION records in LA. 8).

jules