The Melvins Classifieds: SALES, AUCTIONS, and TRADES.

Started by Idlehanz, February 21, 2008, 07:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZILLA

Quote from: JUDY on January 28, 2014, 08:42:23 PM
Quote from: ZILLA on January 28, 2014, 07:21:07 PM
Is this guy reliable? I want that Kozik print with the nun.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=331117480587&pt=Music_on_Vinyl&_osacat=0&hash=item4d1823ca8b&_ssn=truckfighter420&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.Xmelvins&_nkw=melvins&_sacat=0&_from=R40

It's legit. So is the price.

I was actually just talking with some folks trying to make a deal for another old Kozik.

I really want this one and the Nine inch nails Sharon Tate print. The price is great I agree.
########################################################################################################

ZILLA

########################################################################################################

anaconda

dont waste your money man, there is literally only 1 barely
half decent sound no matter how many different settings
and adjustments you try with it.

PorcoRosso

still after a NYE 7"
can trade a copy of the haze hammerhead7"  or  sugar daddy fantomas or mudhoney split or summin .
If you are interested in a trade, let me know and I can shoot you some offers or if one of the above sounds good, let me know too.

ZILLA

Quote from: anaconda on January 28, 2014, 10:32:30 PM

I don't even want to use it. I just want a nice one in a box for my collection.

jules

Quote from: ZILLA on January 28, 2014, 11:40:09 PM

I don't even want to use it. I just want a nice one in a box for my collection.
Wait for a broken one to show up. They do. Much cheaper.

PorcoRosso

Quote from: PorcoRosso on January 28, 2014, 11:28:46 PM
still after a NYE 7"
can trade a copy of the haze hammerhead7"  or  sugar daddy fantomas or mudhoney split or summin .
If you are interested in a trade, let me know and I can shoot you some offers or if one of the above sounds good, let me know too.

I would also trade a gaylord 7" for the NYE .

Dan_Halen

I would buy almost anything Buzz related but I draw the line when it has "DOD" written on it! Some of the shittiest pedals ever made. Ill never forget buying a DOD pedal when I was young and being so disappointed when I got home and plugged it in.  F!
Los ticka toe rest

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: Dan_Halen on January 29, 2014, 06:30:00 PM

I would buy almost anything Buzz related but I draw the line when it has "DOD" written on it! Some of the shittiest pedals ever made. Ill never forget buying a DOD pedal when I was young and being so disappointed when I got home and plugged it in.  F!

Hahaha! When i was young i NEEDED  a DOD grunge pedal, i remember being disappointed , but someone stole it from me and i never really missed it until right now becausei don't remember what it sounded like. I do remember not liking DOD because they sounded too digital and not organic.

This is your world as i see it.

Your World As I See It - Household Items
I got the shits real bad.

Der L

Printed in Neither Here Nor There:

"It's called the Buzz Box, and it is put out by DOD. I had nothing to do with it. I mean, does my guitar really sound that bad? ...I have to admire DOD for putting out something that insane. Yes, the Buzz Box is totally worthless. It sounds like a vacuum cleaner."

ZILLA

I found the next 3 paragraphs here: http://www.americaspedal.net/fx33/

From the manual: "The FX33 Buzz Box is known as 'the mother of all distortion pedals.' Inspired by the legendary Melvins guitarist, King Buzzo, the FX33 takes its incredibly nasty distortion to new and dangerous depths by adding an octavizer. This octavizer takes the distortion signal and drops it down two octaves -- producing an out-of-control chainsaw growl -- and allows you to mix this with the regular distortion sound."

Historical context: The Melvins are widely cited as the favorite band of a young Kurt Cobain. It is unclear when the FX33 was first developed, relative to Kurt's death in April 1994 and relative to the Dunlop reissue of the MXR Blue Box. However, given the success of the FX69 Grunge pedal, DOD management may have perceived that a pedal associated with the Melvins might likewise become desirable, even if King Buzzo never officially endorsed it.

King Buzzo's reaction (Guitar World, February 1995): "I had nothing to do with it. I mean, does my guitar really sound that bad? ... The guys at DOD are kind of crazy; I have to give them credit for that. A guy there was always bugging me at shows about how we got the sound on the Eggnog record. I used this thing called a Blue Box, an octave divider from the early Seventies. So this guy says, 'I want to design a pedal; we'll call it the Buzz Box and get that sound out of it.' But it wasn't so much that he wanted to do an endorsement or anything. I think he just likes the sound of it. So he came to one of our shows and looked inside the Blue Box. He kind of duplicated it and combined it with the Grunge Pedal in a new pedal. I have to admire DOD for putting out something that insane. Yes, the Buzz Box is totally worthless. It sounds like a vacuum cleaner."

So it was inspired by but not officially endorsed by Buzz. I had always thought for some reason he did endorse it. I'd still like to get one but now it's way less of a priority.

Yanayaya

Al que está vivo todo le falta y al que está muerto todo le sobra.

homeless_dad

He never officially endorsed that buzz box.  I wonder if it was offered to him and he turned it down?  Most likely not, which is more in line with Melvins history of not being properly compensated for their influence.

I still own that Guitar World issue, somewhere.
Is Ian back yet??

Dumpster D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Nirvana-Tshirt-Sliver-90s-Never-mind-Punk-Metal-Grunge-Mud-Honey-Melvins-/231147801981?pt=Vintage_Unisex_T_Shirts&hash=item35d17b8d7d

I have the Backstage pass marked Version of this Shirt my old Drummer gave me cuz he bought 2 of them, since Nirvana is a peice of Crap I never much wore it..prettymuch NOS condition, is it really worth this insane-o Price...Hmm :evil: :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

homeless_dad

Is Ian back yet??