crowd work record / Plainfield / cowboy

Started by amazonAMAZON, May 26, 2018, 07:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

Quote from: sadcorps on July 17, 2018, 10:22:09 PM
Trey did play with Plainfield for a bit. I saw Plainfield with Trey open for Melvins in 1993. It was amazing!

The band for me is a mystery, but the *feel* of their message Just Judging subject matter reminds of the futility and ignorance of the mid-west US in some kind of social commentary on trailer park living and almost a tongue in cheek satire of the more twisted inbred side of that inherent underbelly of civilization.

Almost as if everyone who was involved got a bad taste of redneck lifestyle whether through their own childhood experience or perhaps even through being a touring band or Roadie meeting firsthand with some of the types of people who are attracted out of the woodwork by rock concert going.

There's a Plainfield in virtually every bland state of the US, try looking the band up and it's nearly impossible, hidden behind so much industrial agricultural ambiance and pollution...IMO Plainfield as a band is in some way is like a victimless musical crime.

jules

Quote from: Dumpster D on July 17, 2018, 11:50:04 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on July 17, 2018, 10:22:09 PM
Trey did play with Plainfield for a bit. I saw Plainfield with Trey open for Melvins in 1993. It was amazing!

The band for me is a mystery, but the *feel* of their message Just Judging subject matter reminds of the futility and ignorance of the mid-west US in some kind of social commentary on trailer park living and almost a tongue in cheek satire of the more twisted inbred side of that inherent underbelly of civilization.

Almost as if everyone who was involved got a bad taste of redneck lifestyle whether through their own childhood experience or perhaps even through being a touring band or Roadie meeting firsthand with some of the types of people who are attracted out of the woodwork by rock concert going.

There's a Plainfield in virtually every bland state of the US, try looking the band up and it's nearly impossible, hidden behind so much industrial agricultural ambiance and pollution...IMO Plainfield as a band is in some way is like a victimless musical crime.

Do you write for The Guardian?

Dumpster D

Humor me at least....Nobody here's gonna give me dollar on dime for a word I've said in this forum. I'd have to re-visit the entire discography and study up a little bit more on the significance behind their choice of Album cover layout before a proper submission could be drafted. 

They're in a unique vein from a past chapter in an extensively mixed musical era.

Jules you're an expert on great music and this is one of those bands that's smeared out through the scope of time, yet still stands out and speaks to me like some kind of buried secret.

It makes me want to Revisit the Amarillo records catalog actually, I don't know why, there's so many bands that get overlooked.

jules

I love Plainfield cos they're dirty and hilarious.

PepsiMike