Useless melvins fact of the day

Started by dead mike, January 06, 2023, 02:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dead mike

This year, "Hooch" will be as old as "I Want to Hold Your Hand" was when Houdini was released.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

FartLips

Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

vince furnier

Quote from: dead mike on January 06, 2023, 02:36:39 PM
This year, "Hooch" will be as old as "I Want to Hold Your Hand" was when Houdini was released.
damn!  :lol:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

Jarjaxle

Useless Melvins Fact

In Grey's Anatomy S15E15 at 4:00
The Melvins "Basses Loaded" poster can clearly be seen...

Amazing...

https://preview.redd.it/v752h8k2ycaa1.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=0aa54fe02dc46e80a05ca70e1bb7faa58c15918f

jules

Quote from: Jarjaxle on January 06, 2023, 11:50:42 PM
Useless Melvins Fact

In Grey's Anatomy S15E15 at 4:00
The Melvins "Basses Loaded" poster can clearly be seen...

Amazing...

https://preview.redd.it/v752h8k2ycaa1.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=0aa54fe02dc46e80a05ca70e1bb7faa58c15918f

=D>

See also:

Quote from: jules on December 12, 2018, 11:35:40 AM
Melvins are name-dropped in Felix Van Groeningen's latest film, Beautiful Boy. A co-worker saw it last night and said there was a Melvins poster on Shef's wall and vulture.com says we get to see Melvins albums on his shelf. The Maggot is on his wall at 1:39 in this trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NR8w8s9zWA

blacksanta

This year, the Six Songs EP is as old as this car was when Six Songs was released:

Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

Mints

There's a 2022 Pitchfork review of Houdini in which this is written about Buzz:

"He burned compilation tapes, made pilgrimages to the DJ's Sound City record shop in nearby Aberdeen to talk music with clerk Tim Hayes, and even wrote an article for the Montesano Vidette arguing the value of small shows; years later, Novoselic would credit him with bringing punk rock to their community."

I've never heard of this article. Anyone know if it exists?

Dumpster D

Quote from: Mints on January 01, 2024, 10:34:49 PM

"He burned compilation tapes, made pilgrimages to the DJ's Sound City record shop in nearby Aberdeen to talk music with clerk Tim Hayes, and even wrote an article for the Montesano Vidette arguing the value of small shows; years later, Novoselic would credit him with bringing punk rock to their community."

Does 'burned' mean literally set on fire, or does he mean 'COPY'?

And they were called MIX TAPES!!! MIX TAPES!!! Not COMPILATION TAPES!!!

you 'MAKE' them, we 'MADE' or 'Copied' mix Tapes!!!

You may 'burn' blank CD's, however cassettes predate this terminology and it does not apply contextually. 

Whoever said that quote has given themselves away as a Millennial.

that said, is anyone still burning CD's or is it Just me, and I'm woefully out of touch with these kids and their social media and their wokeisms and all the current lingo?

Sounds like it's actually backwards and they've never experienced what it was once like living as a dinosaur in the stone age?

WE played with cap guns, and rented VHS movies, ordered pizza by telephone, and rode out on our bikes and spent all day outside playing in the woods. our wireless technology was Rabbit ears and transistor radios and by god we made MIX TAPES!!

I don't know what kids are up to these days, but clearly not burning compilation cassettes for their friends.

Cripes, don't make a guy feel so friggin OLD!!! ..it wasn't even that long ago there were no such thing as smartphones, and people can't even be bothered to use them to look stuff up like 'what did old people do with cassettes?' They should really be called 'DUMB' phones.

And then again, it's BUZZ...so Burning cassettes could be literal in this case.  :buzz:

Colonel Cheese

I still burn cds for all the G-D vinyl i buy

#2 Pencil

I still "BURN" "COMPILATION" tapes and "LIVE RECORDINGS" to that cassette thingy Dumpster  :lol:
I heard their periods attract bears

Dumpster D

Quote from: #2 Pencil on January 05, 2024, 02:44:44 PM
I still "BURN" "COMPILATION" tapes and "LIVE RECORDINGS" to that cassette thingy Dumpster  :lol:

Please show me where 'burn' is acceptable cassette recording terminology.

jules

Mount Ambulance

It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

John Schuller

Quote from: Dumpster D on January 04, 2024, 11:29:37 PM
Quote from: Mints on January 01, 2024, 10:34:49 PM

Does 'burned' mean literally set on fire, or does he mean 'COPY'?

And they were called MIX TAPES!!! MIX TAPES!!! Not COMPILATION TAPES!!!

you 'MAKE' them, we 'MADE' or 'Copied' mix Tapes!!!

You may 'burn' blank CD's, however cassettes predate this terminology and it does not apply contextually. 

Whoever said that quote has given themselves away as a Millennial.

that said, is anyone still burning CD's or is it Just me, and I'm woefully out of touch with these kids and their social media and their wokeisms and all the current lingo?

Sounds like it's actually backwards and they've never experienced what it was once like living as a dinosaur in the stone age?

WE played with cap guns, and rented VHS movies, ordered pizza by telephone, and rode out on our bikes and spent all day outside playing in the woods. our wireless technology was Rabbit ears and transistor radios and by god we made MIX TAPES!!

I don't know what kids are up to these days, but clearly not burning compilation cassettes for their friends.

Cripes, don't make a guy feel so friggin OLD!!! ..it wasn't even that long ago there were no such thing as smartphones, and people can't even be bothered to use them to look stuff up like 'what did old people do with cassettes?' They should really be called 'DUMB' phones.

And then again, it's BUZZ...so Burning cassettes could be literal in this case.  :buzz:

In the late 80's in Washington state we called them Compilation Tapes. But we "copied" them - we did not burn them. I seem to remember the idea of Mix Tape coming up later when you would make a Mix Tape for a girl hoping she would listen to it and you would score.