Has Your Band Covered "Revolve"

Started by GrimReaper, March 23, 2007, 07:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrimReaper

I'm making a compilation to post here for the membership.

I want to put some covers in with the live stuff I have, and of course Stoner version and E-tard.

Chanting of the Priests, We Reach, and Live at Bob's Garage I have.

Post a link on this thread, PM the Reaper or Email it to me.

And Thanks up front.

(PAUL)

Yeah, but only on a crappy cassette that we released years ago from a band that is no more, so there's no chance you'll get to hear it!
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

thor

When the board tribute was under consideration, I recorded a friend of mine's band : Blitzenhamer doing Revolve. We reversed it too, so essentially they covered Shitstorm as well...minus the extra production value of added noises and such.

http://myspace.com/thorstudios
Bass player, recording engineer, Melvins superfan

Mad Arab

My electronic music project is working on a cover of Pure Digital Silence off of Prick. I hope we do well.

GrimReaper

Quote from: Joe Deutrom on March 24, 2007, 09:48:37 PM
My electronic music project is working on a cover of Pure Digital Silence off of Prick. I hope we do well.

I love when the Melvins play that live.

(PAUL)

I saw them live once where they were having equipment problems so Buzz talked to the audience for a while until things were working again. Someone asked him if it was a live version of Pure Digital Silence and Buzz said, "No, it's Pure Analog Silence."
Hail, not fail.

jgarver

Quote from: PAUL on March 25, 2007, 10:49:07 AM
I saw them live once where they were having equipment problems so Buzz talked to the audience for a while until things were working again. Someone asked him if it was a live version of Pure Digital Silence and Buzz said, "No, it's Pure Analog Silence."
Was that in Pittsburgh at Club Laga sometime in 2001? I think I was at that show.
quod erat demonstrandum.

stonerwitch

You sink a my swan

(PAUL)

Quote from: jgarver on March 25, 2007, 11:12:34 AM
Quote from: PAUL on March 25, 2007, 10:49:07 AM
Was that in Pittsburgh at Club Laga sometime in 2001? I think I was at that show.

Naw, it was Milwaukee '00.
Hail, not fail.

GrimReaper

Quote from: thor on March 24, 2007, 07:22:46 PM
When the board tribute was under consideration, I recorded a friend of mine's band : Blitzenhamer doing Revolve. We reversed it too, so essentially they covered Shitstorm as well...minus the extra production value of added noises and such.

http://myspace.com/thorstudios

This is a great cover and reversing it as a double cover is a stroke of genius!

I can't download them from Myspace so I am humbly asking permission to use these two on a Melvins.net amateur undertaking.

Who else has listened to these? Great stuff.

What is your affiliation with all the bands you have as friends? Some serious tatent there my friend.

fuzz-bass

me and deadcowboy have covered Lizzi as a guitar/bass duo and me and my friend jacob play Nightgoat as a drum/bass duo.  probably won't be putting on tape or cd any time soon though.

Dead Cowboy

Quote from: fuzz-bass on April 07, 2007, 03:09:49 PM
me and deadcowboy have covered Lizzi as a guitar/bass duo and me and my friend jacob play Nightgoat as a drum/bass duo.  probably won't be putting on tape or cd any time soon though.
problem is, Bassey, that neither of those songs are Revolve.

fuzz-bass

Quote from: Dead Cowboy on April 07, 2007, 04:52:37 PM
Quote from: fuzz-bass on April 07, 2007, 03:09:49 PM
problem is, Bassey, that neither of those songs are Revolve.

i'm ot the only one on here who didn't mention Revolve. that's one of my least favorite Melvins songs anyway.