11/08/2005 Kate Buchanan Hall Arcata, CA w/ Jello Biafra CANCELLED

Started by humboldt_bear, October 31, 2005, 11:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BSATOM

I'm drinking Eye of the Hawk and watching all my Snivlem vids. Soaking in my own misery. Ouch.

thirdplacehero

Quote from: humboldt_bear on November 09, 2005, 01:17:45 AM
probably didn't sell enough pre-tix to make it worth their time so they cancelled...bad band edicate if it's the case...
the show was close to selling out from what i undertstand
i eat i shit i am

thirdplacehero

i eat i shit i am

chopklop

Well they end in L.A. so if they wanted it wouldn't be much of a distance for them to do a make up show.

klump

I dont think the melvins would cancel a show without a pretty good reason.

gesundheit

i have an extra ticket for the show tonight at sac.... let me know

humboldt_bear

that makes sense, AS would be pretty strict on thier pay-out requirements.....well I sure hope the boys do a make-up, i know alot of kids weree really bummed (I promptly went to Clam Beach Inn and filled myself w/ beer!!). Be safe kids and see ya around..... 8)

humboldt_bear

SHIT happens......just do a make-up show and all will be forgotten and forgiven... :toke:

Vcavallo

that really sucks that you got all excited and then it was cancelled.  i feel for you, arcata resident. 
go see them somewhere else at all costs.  you owe it to yourself.

the melvins should have just played for free without the upfront payment.  they say they don't care about money, right?  it would have been worth it.  are they not punk rock anymore?  they are above a free show?
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

humboldt_bear

its pretty tough to get outa town for a gig....we have jobs, families, school...plus the expenses of traveling outa town...we'll see if the Melvins give a shit and come back for a make-up show....
food for thought: if the show was in LA or SF and jello was making a grip do you think he would have made his plane? why wasn't he traveling w/ the rest of the crew? :-k

BSATOM

THE most politically outspoken and  progressive town in all of the USA and MR. Political Jello can't make it.?!?! It was a 6 hour drive from the gig in Eugene the night before.

rhett E rock

i don't see why they would've cancelled it.  i'm sure 100% of the people who had tickets would rather see a set of the melvins.

fucking politics, i guess 

anaconda

thats the part that seems fishy, unless that promoter is
a complete idiot, getting a full melvins set instead of
a cancelled show was a no brainer??? did jello's people
perhaps call ahead and cancel, leaving them no choice??
and why the fuck doesnt he travel with them? fuckin rockstar