Sugar Daddy Live

Started by Pringles, February 23, 2011, 12:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Mints on February 25, 2011, 06:49:10 PM
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on February 23, 2011, 06:28:55 PM
Yes! I fucking love that cover

Those are strong words. What is it that you love about it? Just curious.
Cartoon pigs.  And they're near bones.  Isn't it OBVIOUS?
Melvins cover Zodiac, by Brutal Truth.  Brutal Truth wrote Sugar Daddy, so the Melvins decided to name their next album Sugar Daddy.  Expect some blast beats soon.

BRUTAL TRUTH - "Sugar Daddy"
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

pinkyslim

3d-alex

The cover is horrible.... But the tracklist is good. Boris was amazing when I saw them on that tour....

anaconda

I don't know, it's kinda weak, almost as bad as Soundgarden releasing their new live album
right on the tail of their just-released best-of album. Just put out some new tunes Buzz. Please.

Afterbirthmilkshake

Conda is right.  this release is weak.  Didn't pick your battles have live versions of most of these songs? 

I hope the sound quality makes this worth it.

Can they put sound in 3D? 

moose

Quote from: anaconda on February 25, 2011, 10:56:05 PM
I don't know, it's kinda weak, almost as bad as Soundgarden releasing their new live album
right on the tail of their just-released best-of album. Just put out some new tunes Buzz. Please.
dude, bride's been out less than a year!
Well, we'll always have "In the Air Tonight." Will that be your most enduring song?
You know, that song won't lie down. It just won't go away. I mean, there's a Mike Tyson moment associated with it now. It's just bizarre. I guess it has a bit of mystery, a lot of atmosphere, and the drums coming in, pinning people to the wall.

black stallion

Quote from: Afterbirthmilkshake on February 25, 2011, 11:49:57 PM
 Didn't pick your battles have live versions of most of these songs?  

yes
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Mad Arab

Yeah. this one is definitely for the collectors. Buy up suckers!

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: anaconda on February 25, 2011, 10:56:05 PM

Dear Conda,

Are you kidding me ?  You're upset with a  Melvins release ?

I don't care if it's live or studio, I'm always happy for a new release. (yes, even Chicken Switch & Scion remixes)

Conda, you realize I can't let you get away with a Melvins / Soundgarden comparison.
Did you start smokin' that shit instead of choppin' lines ?  :lol:

Love, J

p.s. Fuck Melvins.............Worst Live Recording Is 1000 x Better Than Any Soundgarden Anything.

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: Joe Deutrom on February 26, 2011, 08:02:11 AM
Yeah. this one is definitely for the collectors. Buy up suckers!

Who you callin' Sucka, Turkey ?     :D

Mad Arab

Buy all you can JZS and sell them all for an inflated price! Next thing you know you will put out a DVD called
"How To Make Millions With The Melvins" 

jules

Quote from: Joe Deutrom on February 26, 2011, 08:44:27 AM
Buy all you can JZS and sell them all for an inflated price! Next thing you know you will put out a DVD called
He spends as much as he makes, I think. I'd doff my cap to him if a) I had a cap and b) I knew what doff meant.

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: jules on February 26, 2011, 09:11:55 AM
Quote from: Joe Deutrom on February 26, 2011, 08:44:27 AM
He spends as much as he makes, I think. I'd doff my cap to him if a) I had a cap and b) I knew what doff meant.

Really Joe ?
I'm gonna let you in on a lil' secret.....after 20 years of collecting The Melvins, "buy two sell one"
is the only way I can afford to continue to collect Melvins and I really don't see what you're so
pissy about. Why don't you look up "jzacs71" on ebay and look at my sales.I've got nothing but
happy buyers, 100% positive feedback over 5 years. What I think you don't understand is that
the more Melvins stuff on ebay the better their (Melvins) retail / merch table sales are...let me
simplify it for you, if there are LPs on ebay for $150, and they are selling, it makes more demand
for the same product at the shows, at the $50 price, and they sell out. The Melvins know this,
that's why they put up test pressings on ebay and they sell for a shit load...it's great free advertising
for the releases and keeps interest in the release (& the Melvins) steady while they get the next
release ready. It's all about keeping 100% interest from the fans all the time, as well as generating
new interest and new fans.

Your friend,
- JZS, ( Official Private First Class #64, Member Of The Melvins Army )

jules

Nothing but respect. I think one of my first ever ebay buys was one of yours. There are 4 or 5 people selling Melvins stuff out there that you can absolutely rely on. If I pay over the odds one week, I'll get a bargain the next; it all evens out in the end.

jonE5

I'm exited about this release. Can't wait!

-Then we will hopefully get the Spaceland DVD sooner than later