Sugar Daddy Live

Started by Pringles, February 23, 2011, 12:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anaconda

I'm gonna buy it, and I'm gonna love it. But I want a new album more!

black stallion

Quote from: anaconda on February 26, 2011, 01:20:14 PM
But I want a new album more!

expect it to happen soon,Buzz should have composed some new songs while they were stuck in the airport
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: jules on February 26, 2011, 11:10:25 AM
Nothing but respect. I think one of my first ever ebay buys was one of yours. There are 4 or 5 people selling Melvins stuff out there that you can absolutely rely on. If I pay over the odds one week, I'll get a bargain the next; it all evens out in the end.

well said sir
I got the shits real bad.

Mad Arab

i'm not being "pissy" as you call it. I think what you do is perfectly fine. I'm not a collector but I understand their nature. I bought the new album TBSM on CD for $13.00. I don't care about vinyl or the artwork. It will always be about the music. If I want to see art, I'll go to a museum. I think its cool you make money.
I think its ridiculous to pay the amounts some do for a limited edition album personally, but if people are willing to pay it, congratulations! The DVD thing was purely in jest.
If people have this kind of money to spend, I don't understand why people commit crime by illegally downloading their albums to the point where the very future of the way music is brought to us is in trouble.

Joe Deutrom aka a sensible consumer.

pinkyslim

The simple fact the JZS is explaining his actions is outrageous.
What one does with ones money is her/his business.
I really like JZS for opening up but shit..there are too many crybabies who scream foul
when they can not get what they want.

Again the 80/20 rule.

Lebron Maiden and other vermin take interest in others profits..
It is a shit hole world and this board proves people always are going to hate. :D

jules

I don't think anyone should be judged by how much they sell things on eBay. After all, we have a choice whether to buy or not. If we think something is outrageously priced, we wait until a cheaper one comes along.

None of this is 'outrageous'. What's 'outrageous' is what our respective governments are spending OUR money on, with us having no choice in the matter at all.

I love the idea of vermin, though.

And I'm looking forward to hearing Sugar Daddy. If it's a bit disappointing (which it won't be) I'll wait for the next one.

anaconda

vermon is spelt with an 'i'  :P

jules

Quote from: anaconda on February 26, 2011, 03:09:16 PM
vermon is spelt with an 'i'  :P

I knew it was you, up to your old tricks. I'd have got away with it, too, if it hadn't been for you pesky kids  :)

jules

Quote from: pinkyslim on February 26, 2011, 01:44:25 PM
The simple fact the JZS is explaining his actions is outrageous.
What one does with ones money is her/his business.
I really like JZS for opening up but shit..there are too many crybabies who scream foul
when they can not get what they want.

Again the 80/20 rule.

Lebron Maiden and other vermin take interest in others profits..
It is a shit hole world and this board proves people always are going to hate. :D

The Scaffold - Lily The Pink

rhett E rock

Quote from: jonE5 on February 26, 2011, 11:45:37 AM
I'm exited about this release. Can't wait!

-Then we will hopefully get the Spaceland DVD sooner than later

the Spaceland DVD is just assumptions right?  this hasn't been a stated fact?  if not this should happen.  the Melvins would be fools to pass some type of release of this out. 

Chief Ten Beers

Where is it stated officially that this is the tracklist for Sugar Daddy? Is this really from the Spaceland shows?

Of course that would be worth $12.98, but sort of disappointing. Was hoping for some live updated Stoner Witch, Lysol, or Eggnog on official CD and/or BSM tracks. Way too similar to Pick Your Battles tracklist if that's the case. In fact I call bullshit on the tracklist.  There would have to be some BSM tracks on it.

anaconda

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on February 26, 2011, 05:51:06 PM
Where is it stated officially that this is the tracklist for Sugar Daddy? Is this really from the Spaceland shows?

The Melvins posted it on their Facebook page, and their press release is now making the rounds as well.
It isn't from the recent Spaceland residency. It's from the Busta-Guts club in Downey California apparently:

see here:
http://metalbuzz.net/site/2011/02/22/melvins-set-to-release-sugar-daddy-live/

highjinx

theres no such club in Downey or LA, this has got to be from the Troubdaor show from 2 tours ago, same setlist right?
number 2 pencil insiiiiide my head

anaconda

perhaps. Just like there's no Club Mangler where COD was supposedly recorded.

highjinx

I hear they practice south of Downtown LA but maybe this is from a newer practice spot in Downey, like History of Gluttony and Lust...
number 2 pencil insiiiiide my head