BULLHEAD

Started by turnacus, August 11, 2003, 01:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

i think if bullhead was rereleased today it would kick the hell out of any other album. if you ask me it should get a grammy this year, why not.and for good measure they should let em perform anaconda.it would jumpstart the whole industry.every sorry ass band would realize that they have been making crappy music and would immediately give up because there is no use in trying to top the melvins.

CausesUnknown

Bullhead is definatly one of the records that really turned me onto the Melvins. I love the way it sounds.

turnacus

I'm not saying its bad, but I thin it could benefit from a remix. I don't know, it sounds flat to me. Look at the job Iggy did to Raw Power. Good shit.

but i don't care either way. I'm listening to it now.
Van Hagar

Youre A Lie

oh how i love thee, let me count the ways

peeping tom

hell yeah, bullhead is one of the greatest ever.  needs a remixing though, it's just not as loud as say stoner witch.  i have to turn my stereo up, but that's a good thing.  every song is a classic.  i always hear about covers of zodiac, like brutal truth.  but that is a melvins original yes?  boris! anaconda! your blessened!  they need to play that shit in church.

cooter

what's weird is that Eggnog is so much louder and was released the same year by the same record label...maybe melvins wanted it like that?

peeping tom

yeah maybe they did.  the whole album has a real doomy feel to it.  i love how when i put on a melvins record it has a certain feel to it.  and each one is different.  that feeling is what seperates them from every other band that ever played a note.

Marilyn

Call me fucking abnormal but I prefer Lysol over Bullhead anyday..HANDS DOWN.  8)

-M

cheeseburger

Quote from: MarilynCall me fucking abnormal but I prefer Lysol over Bullhead anyday..HANDS DOWN.  8)

-M

your abnormal...

Leroy

The Chalupa

Bullhead is a great album. It's Shoved and Anaconda are the best tracks on there in my opinion.

Anonymous

What's cool about both Bullhead and Lysol is that there's NO WEIRD EXPERIMENTATION. Straight up balls-out rock!

Anonymous

hey cooter are you a dukes of hazard fan?

Reverend Ebeneezer

Quote from: AnonymousWhat's cool about both Bullhead and Lysol is that there's NO WEIRD EXPERIMENTATION. Straight up balls-out rock!

Well I daresay Boris and Hung Bunny would do away with many a casual listener but nonethless, yeah, great hard rockin' records. Bullhead was the first Melvins album that made me truly appreciate the band and was one of the first few I owned IIRC.

When I was 14 it took me like 3 goes to get through Hung Bunny...I love how patience develops with age...
Don't cut me!DON'T CUT ME!
-Thrones, Simon Legree live...

Anonymous

YOUR BLESSENED!  I CAN FEEL YOUR PAIN!