Stoner Witch

Started by The Chalupa, October 23, 2003, 03:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrimReaper

I get the impression people don't admit that they love Stoner Witch because it is too main stream. I mean. saying you like Stoner Witch is blasphemy just like admittimg Revolve is good right?

This thread is all about opening up and admitting you love Revolve, even though it's the only song the general public knows about the world's greatest band.

Any one understand "Bull you Squire?"

What do you mean? My lungs are fine...........

I just love this release, I think the X-ray is a picture of a mood ring. Remember mood rings Tool?

You friend in crime,
GR

FartLips

i think its one of the heaviest records.  i love that one.  and the production is incredible.  the bass nearly overloads my car stereo, just like it should.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Eponymous

I love this album and I think "Revolve" is an incredible song. I had no idea it was "the only song the general public knows".
I'd been listening to the Melvins since Ozma, but was blown away by this album. Still am.

Beto Brasil

Revolve and the rest of the album is 10!!!!

Stoner is very good!
Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm

Dr. Gonzo

nobody knows revolve or the melvins where I live... But I've always loved this cd. Roadbull is fucking killer. My first Melvins cd... just great!

Brooklyns Finest PoonTang

Quote from: cottoncrown on January 06, 2009, 07:17:08 PM
this is serious business here guys.  i don't want a tour of anyones chocolate factory please

bUcKsAtAn

great first melvins cd for me.
awesome all around cd, as opposed to the others i have, where i have to be in a certain mood to listen to each of them.

Reverend Ebeneezer

Stoner Witch is one of their masterpieces. Plus, I thought Hooch was the one that more general rock fans knew...least that's how it seems round these parts...
Don't cut me!DON'T CUT ME!
-Thrones, Simon Legree live...

eddie

I hear my last name in "Revolve."

"Hey big Boden
Big Boden Deluxe
Big Boden Eye"

I think Rene translated it as "hey big body"

It's my fav, with GPT in second.

GrimReaper

If you listen to the cover on "Chanting of the Priests" they clearly say hey big body. I wonder if they copied Rene's interpretation? Who is Rene anyway? What is her breast size?

anaconda

I think he's packin' a couple of 38DDs  :lol:

houdini

stoner witch was my first melvins cd, revolve was the first song i heard off of it. the cd is rocking shit.

brian

stoner witch, nothing new here.

TOOL

I vaguely remember mood rings but neither I or anyone I knew had one.

I might have been in with the wrong crowd.
There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened.  But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.

anaconda

hey big T! you said you were into gardening, does that mean
what i think it means, you grow your own herbs, etc
nudge nudge wink wink??  8)