Stoner Witch

Started by The Chalupa, October 23, 2003, 03:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOOL

Actually, I'm into both.

Should get my MM card Sat.
There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened.  But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.

turnacuss

its a good album. Its in my car right now. i wish i had it.

DubEMC

I still like it. Think it's better than Houdini but not quite as good as Stag. It's definitely a cohesive release from start to finish though. Stag is turning in to my favorite release and I only got it 2 days ago. The band's first truly " experimental " release....predating The Maggot. I sing " Black Bock " to my baby daughter.

Me Grimlock

DubEMC said:
QuoteStag is turning in to my favorite release and I only got it 2 days ago. The band's first truly " experimental " release....predating The Maggot.

What do you mean here? Are you suggesting that The Maggot is experimental? Or are you just letting us know that Stag was released before The Maggot?

klump

maybe he was thinking of the bootlicker? the maggot is also a bit experimental...but they really wanted to make a heavy record so thats what it mainly is :) but a spanking goog one :D

Anonymous

QuoteThe band's first truly " experimental " release....predating The Maggot

But not predating Prick which is an "expiremental" record by any standard. I wouldn't call The Maggot  "expiremental" though, at least not for the  MELVINS.

Anyway, I like Stoner Witch a lot. It's the one I usually recomend to folks lookin' for a place to start.  Who doesn't like it?

grachan

Well, I'm one of those people who feels that Revolve is the cheesiest, most embarrassing song they've ever put out. I have to either skip it or turn it right down. The Def Leppard vocals are the final insult.

The rest of the LP has its moments but god I hate Revolve - it's cringetastic.

DubEMC

Sorry for the confusion. I meant The Bootlicker. I stay up late and become confused. Yeah Prick is experimental but I was meaning in terms of song structure, style and instrumentation. There are ideas on Stag that hadn't been approached before, in my opinion at least.

DubEMC

I also don't care for getting flak from " guests " Register or be damned!

participant

Quotesaying you like Stoner Witch is blasphemy just like admittimg Revolve is good right?

The way I see it, it's ridiculous when people claim to be a fan of a band, and then imply to someone else that it's "blasphemy" to enjoy one of said band's pieces of work.  They obviously thought good enough of those songs to go into the studio and record them.  Looks like the Too-Cool-For-Stoner-Witch snobs are the blasphemers in this case.  

Mainstream?  It's the MELVINS.

anaconda

youre one hot mama, and obviously youve got good grey matter too.

Vcavallo

melvins fans are so horny
Vinney "only takes 15 years to make good on his promises" Cavallo

Ed

Stoner Witch is an album by the Melvins.

Reverend Ebeneezer

Quote from: grachanWell, I'm one of those people who feels that Revolve is the cheesiest, most embarrassing song they've ever put out. I have to either skip it or turn it right down. The Def Leppard vocals are the final insult.

The rest of the LP has its moments but god I hate Revolve - it's cringetastic.

Whatever, man. In any case it's going to be several thousand times better than anything you'll ever write. Sorry, but it's true.
Don't cut me!DON'T CUT ME!
-Thrones, Simon Legree live...

turnacuss

I mean,  revolve isnt a bad song. I don't obsess with it, and I definently like it more than the queen song.

And who doesnt love Magic Pig Detective. That is a fucking song right there.