Gluey Porch Treatments

Started by pottyhead, December 24, 2003, 08:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian walsby

years and years ago, buzz told me that it was about child abuse whenever I asked him about it. ask him what Eye Flys is about.

klump

Green Honey

After listening to the song very carefully, the lyrics sound more like this to me:
You learned how to cry
And how you think you're sorry
You need a little smack of reality
And I'm gonna be...sick

Now you takes a test
I ask, "how do you like it?
You takes a pile of boards on a gluey porch
And I laugh

You like too a rapachu a you like chu a rapachu a really low.
(or whatever the hell he says at the end)

Eponymous

You-
You learned how to cry
And I don't think you're sorry
You need a little smack of reality
And I'm gonna be...
Sick!

Now you takes a test
I ask how do you like it?
It takes a pile of boards on a gluey porch
And I laugh!

Green Honey

Thanks for the interpretation. The lyrics seem slightly different (or just pronounced differently) on the original and Electroretard versions.

klump

this is one of the geniuos things with the melvins :D

doug

Was Gluey Porch Treatments ever released as a CD on its own before the Ipecac re-release (with the demos at the end)?

I know it was on the same disc as the Ozma CD, but I'm just curious if GPT ever had it's own CD before Ipecac.

TosT

No, it didn't. It had it's own cassette though.

flyinghouses

i remember seeing a photo on cdnow a long time ago of the cover of the original gluey porch treatments release, i thought it was a cd, but mabe its a cassette
.  :D
(.)(.)

/(())\

brian

it was on vinyl too, that's where i got the image for the discography.

Mesteren

Initial pressings of the LP had a slightly different sleeve: Matt's and Buzz' names are switched and there is no track listing on the sleeve.

Besides that I think Gluey is the only MELVINS album with "Thank you's". And there are some interesting names amongst: Kurt Ko-Bain, Mike Dillard, Steve Turner, Mommy and Daddy and a lot of other people and places.
To be afraid when you are alone, in the dark, faced with the unknown, the unspeakable; that is understandable fear. To be afraid, mortally afraid, in broad daylight, in a crowded city street, that is to know Melvins.

FartLips

reading this makes me feel like shit cause i had the cassette and it was stolen and twice i could have bought the vinyl with the original alchemy label imprint.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

anaconda

Quote from: MesterenI think Gluey is the only MELVINS album with "Thank you's".

the solo albums have thank-yous too! Dale thanks Dave Grohl, and
Kurtney, among others.

Kurva

Quote from: Mesteren........ Mommy and Daddy ................

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

i love the melvins humor

Dudbean

Besides that I think Gluey is the only MELVINS album with "Thank you's". And there are some interesting names amongst: Kurt Ko-Bain, Mike Dillard, Steve Turner, Mommy and Daddy and a lot of other people and places.[/quote]

Along with the solo albums, there are tons of thank yous on Houdini and Stoner Witch, plus a few on Honky, Stag, The Crybaby, Electroretard (Kozik and A. Hilter), and one on Alive at the Fucker Club.