LYSOL

Started by Marilyn, October 24, 2003, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zium

i payed a full price for houdini, about 18 euros. Bastards.

cooter

Quote from: ziumi payed a full price for houdini, about 18 euros. Bastards.

Jeez! I got mine for $8 used. My Cd has the Atlantic logo on one of dogs head's tongue like it's an acid stamp. (so i've heard :wink: )

JAWBONE BREAKINGMOUTH

Quote from: todd baioif you didnt buy it when it first came out, dont be a fucking bandwagon jumper, johnny come lately Melvins fan and buy it now Marilyn

maybe she didnt hear of them before then.
why do you care if she wants to own the cd?

barrio farts

cuz i have issues mr billy cockstroke

testicles of doom

Quote from: kl0pperabout eight months ago got it from cheap-cds.com no problem.

I buy probably 90% of my music on this site. I love it.

Dr. Gonzo

i downloaded a cd called melvins and a cd called lysol... to my knowledge they're supposed to be the same, but lysol is one song around 30 minutes long... the other has six tracks: Roman bird dog, hung bunny, second comming, sacrifice, with teeth and the ballad of dwight fry. Somebody tell me about this..............

The Wise Shotgun

What's Up Doc?

In 1992 The Melvins had an album called lysol with six songs

Hung Bunny
Roman Dog Bird
Sacrifice (Flipper)
Second Coming (Alice Cooper)
The Ballad of Dwight Fry (Alice Cooper)
With Teeth

Although there are multiple songs it is one track long, buddy.

Take Care

noctrun

lysol and the selftitled album are the exact same album, the copyright owner of the name lysol appearently sued to get the name off the record, so only early copies of lysol read lysol (there is a picture in the discography section of this site http://www.themelvins.net/discography/index.html)

as for tracks my cd 'melvins' (br35-2/tup42-2) is one long track and the names of the songs are nowhere to be found on it, I think it's going to be just as hard to prove whenever 'lysol' has one track or not, as it is to pick up a 'lysol' labeled copy, if you downloaded them the tracks were propperly ripped out of the single track
Mark T.

The Wise Shotgun

Dr. Gonzo

I know i could of just listened and compared... but i'm a melvins fan, so i'm quite lazy.

Boris Likes To Feel

I know some of the tracks for this wonderful CD, and some of the times, but can someone give the definite times for each track? I know there are supposedly 6 songs, but when I listen to it I count 5.  

I think the gap I can't sense is between Hung Bunny and Roman Dog Bird.  I'm not sure though.

Reverend Ebeneezer

Yeah, that's where you'll be going wrong. In truth I can't spot a distinct difference but it's at around 10:00 or so when Dale starts drumming constantly. That's when Hung Bunny shifts into Roman Dog Bird.
Don't cut me!DON'T CUT ME!
-Thrones, Simon Legree live...

blacksanta

Track Listing:
Hung Bunny
Roman Dog Bird
Sacrifice
Second Coming
The Ballad of Dwight Fry
With Teeth

The track you are probably not able to distinguish is Second Coming. On Love It to Death it is more than the marching drums and melody, but a full song with lyrics. The Ballad of Dwight Fry is also shortened quite a bit from the original Alice Cooper version as well.
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

Boris Likes To Feel

Quote from: blacksantaTrack Listing:
Hung Bunny
Roman Dog Bird
Sacrifice
Second Coming
The Ballad of Dwight Fry
With Teeth

The track you are probably not able to distinguish is Second Coming. On Love It to Death it is more than the marching drums and melody, but a full song with lyrics. The Ballad of Dwight Fry is also shortened quite a bit from the original Alice Cooper version as well.

No, I knew the marching drums was a sepparate song.  Thanks anyways though.  

So Hung Bunny and Roman Dog Bird are combined?  That's what I was kinda guessing.

turnacuss

hung bunny (00:00-10:59)
roman dog bird (10:59-18:19)
sacrifice (Flipper song) (18:23-24:30)
second coming (24:30-25:45)
the ballard of dwight fry (Alice Cooper song) (25:45-28:55)
with teeth (28:56-31:23)

From enrique's melvins page. I'm pretty sure the change from hung bunny to roman bird dog is when they throw in that time change, right before buzzo's vocals come in.

I wish they had covered halo of flies instead, I'm not a huge ballad of dwight fry fan.